News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Lot of phone parts won on Ebay!!!

Started by WEBellSystemChristian, January 17, 2016, 07:30:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WEBellSystemChristian

I just won a bunch of parts on ebay for a grand total of $44, or $9.00 plus $35 shipping!!

It includes an Ivory North 541 wall phone without the housing, a couple AE 1As with broken cradle ears, an Ivory 302 housing, what appears to be a 333A with a broken hook and a couple missing parts, a 1500 chassis, and some other various parts and phones in need or repair.

All in all, not a bad haul! What do you think some of this would be worth?

http://m.ebay.com/itm/131699696423
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Buzby

Well done, Christian! I would have been your competition if i hadn't been for a wireless router snafu.

I bought the other lot. I've snagged a pink 500 and some sort of orange wall phone, a magneto, two dials....etc.,.......for more than you paid. Perhaps we went toe to toe on that haul?

I was desperate to get a 1a. I was in there at 30 seconds, and then "no internet connection"

I'll give you $9.00 for a 1a, with or without ears.  ;)

You will make money on this.

G-Man

Quote from: Buzby on January 17, 2016, 08:15:12 PM
Well done, Christian! I would have been your competition if i hadn't been for a wireless router snafu.

I bought the other lot. I've snagged a pink 500 and some sort of orange wall phone, a magneto, two dials....etc.,.......for more than you paid. Perhaps we went toe to toe on that haul?

I was desperate to get a 1a. I was in there at 30 seconds, and then "no internet connection"

I'll give you $9.00 for a 1a, with or without ears.  ;)

You will make money on this.

You did quite well yourself.

• Payphone lock and key
  • Orange Stromberg-Carlson 554 Miniwall Telephone
  • Dial and Mount For 1011 Test Set
  • Pink Western Electric 500 Deskset
  • Various Mouthpieces
  • Grabaphone Handset
  • Fingerwheels
  • Magneto For Type-331 or Certain Northern Electric Sets
  • Switch-Pileup For 1A Hookswitch
  • Transmitters
  • Ringer Mechanism
  • Possibly At Least One Good Receiver Shell

HarrySmith

Nice hauls!
Did anyone here get the pile of 500 dials? Looks like it was even 2 piles of them!
If so please check your pile for one from 1950.  I am in need of one! I will pay more for the one than you paid for the lot! Including shipping!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Babybearjs

Once you get all this... and clean it up....put it back together.... you should get some good money. I love stuff like this because it keeps me busy and oldphoneworks as well.... (parts, parts.... they all need new parts) and if you can't restore the phones, then you gain more parts for later! BTY, where in Ebay was this listed, I didn't see it in any of the phone catagories, unless I skipped it.
John

Buzby

Quote from: Babybearjs on January 17, 2016, 10:22:49 PM
Once you get all this... and clean it up....put it back together.... you should get some good money. I love stuff like this because it keeps me busy and oldphoneworks as well.... (parts, parts.... they all need new parts) and if you can't restore the phones, then you gain more parts for later! BTY, where in Ebay was this listed, I didn't see it in any of the phone catagories, unless I skipped it.

This was there in the general telephone section, and if it weren't for my router misbehaving, Christian would have had his price a little higher.

Chris is going to make a nice amount from his win, and put it to good use.

I'm pleased that something I was going to bid for went to a fellow forum member.

WEBellSystemChristian

Thanks everyone! I'm sorry you didn't get my lot, Jon!

I'm planning on keeping and restoring most of this lot, but I will try cleaning up and selling some.

Jon, you should be able to sell the payphone lock and key for quite a bit; if the key fits, of course. The Pink 500 and Orange SC 554 should make great collection pieces, they look easy to clean up!
Christian Petterson

LarryInMichigan

I saw that auction and wondered who won it.  Make sure to ask/beg the seller to pack the parts, especially the 302 shell carefully.  Speaking of the 302 shell, I just noticed that it has a sticker on it from the village of Skokie, IL Police/Fire Dept.  I grew up about a mile from Skokie and attended high school there.  I remember the "ORchard" phone numbers.  The prefix was "YOrktown" where we lived.  All of the villages in the area had xxx-2121 numbers for their fire departments and xxx-2131 for police.  In elementary school, we were taught to remember those numbers.

On a tangent, at the time that sticker was printed, the welcome signs on the streets leading into to Skokie proclaimed Skokie, which had a population of around 67,000, to the "world's largest village".  Someone did some research and found a village, I think it was in Austria, which had a larger population, so the proclamation was removed from the signs.

Larry

WEBellSystemChristian

Quote from: LarryInMichigan on January 18, 2016, 10:21:36 AM
I saw that auction and wondered who won it.  Make sure to ask/beg the seller to pack the parts, especially the 302 shell carefully.  Speaking of the 302 shell, I just noticed that it has a sticker on it from the village of Skokie, IL Police/Fire Dept.  I grew up about a mile from Skokie and attended high school there.  I remember the "ORchard" phone numbers.  The prefix was "YOrktown" where we lived.  All of the villages in the area had xxx-2121 numbers for their fire departments and xxx-2131 for police.  In elementary school, we were taught to remember those numbers.

On a tangent, at the time that sticker was printed, the welcome signs on the streets leading into to Skokie proclaimed Skokie, which had a population of around 67,000, to the "world's largest village".  Someone did some research and found a village, I think it was in Austria, which had a larger population, so the proclamation was removed from the signs.

Larry
Larry
I don't think I'll bother asking. I doubt he will really pack it well, and he most likely already has it all packed. To him, it's a bunch of parts that I bought for a measly $9; I don't think he will take me too seriously.

The history behind that sticker is interesting. I think I've heard of Skokie before, but I can't remember where.

Does anyone have a white #6 dial or Ivory F1 that they'd be willing to sell?
Christian Petterson

G-Man

Quote from: WEBellSystemChristian on January 18, 2016, 11:01:12 AM
The history behind that sticker is interesting. I think I've heard of Skokie before, but I can't remember where.

For many years Skokie was the home to Teletype Corporation, a subsidiary of Western Electric, i.e., part of the Bell System.

AE_Collector

Looks like possibly one of those are they SC (?) 5 line 1A2 Call Director like sets burried in the bottom?

I see a pink AE Styleline handset though who knows if there is a base with it. Pink isn't an easy one to find. I might have a spare brand new wall base for it if you are going to start your Styleline collection soon!

The little Ivory speaker is an AE speaker for Type 88 or 88T speakerphone.

Terry

WEBellSystemChristian

Actually, I was thinking about selling the Styleline handset. I can't keep everything, although everyone knows I certainly try... ::)

It definitely appears to be an SC 5-line. Here is a better picture from the auction:
Christian Petterson

oldguy

Congrats Christian, looks like a great deal. it will be fun to look through when it arrives.
Gary

LarryInMichigan

Quote from: G-Man on January 18, 2016, 12:20:09 PM
Quote from: WEBellSystemChristian on January 18, 2016, 11:01:12 AM

For many years Skokie was the home to Teletype Corporation, a subsidiary of Western Electric, i.e., part of the Bell System.

Yes, I remember well the Teletype facility on Touhy Ave.  It was later a Bell Labs facility.  It is now a shopping center.  My father's house is about a mile from it.  Skokie was also the home of Ohmite corp and various other electronics manufacturers.  It is also the home of Rand McNally.  I left that area 22 years ago.  I don't think that I could ever afford to live around there.

Is the phone at the top of the first picture a SC 1443?  I don't recall seeing an SC phone with a handle like that.

Larry

WEBellSystemChristian

I tried looking for a picture of another 1443 to compare the handle, and the first one I found has that handle.
Christian Petterson