News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

New person

Started by Victor Laszlo, February 28, 2016, 03:16:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Victor Laszlo

Hi, I would like to introduce myself as a new person on the forum. I am a retired PA Bell employee who worked in the western part of the state back in the 1970's and 80's. My main job was installing 1A1 and 1A2 equipment. If I can be of assistance in trouble-shooting key telephones, let me know.  I have a WE 565 set in every color except clear and brown. I am looking for those two phones to complete my collection.  To complete the color spectrum, I also decided to collect one ITT 564 in ash, but that's the extent of my ITT collection.

Since this is the rotary phone forum, I'm not sure if anyone would want to hear about my TouchTone collection. But I do collect them, especially card dialers and Autovon sets.

Keep'em ringing...

Vic

unbeldi

Welcome!

Keysets in every color surely make a nice collection and TT sets are no strangers here either.
As always on this forum people love to see pictures.

Brown sets do seem to be rather rare, the only one I have ever seen and found is this 564H of 1958, and I think someone else here has a 544.

It's essentially mint, but it is missing its Mahogany brown mounting cord. Do you happen to have one?

I don't think I have seen a clear set.

NorthernElectric

Welcome to the forum Victor.

I guess you and Ilsa made it to Lisbon OK.   ;D
Cliff

TelePlay

Hi Vic,

Welcome to the forum. It's a place you will both enjoy and find of great use.

As for your phones, please post pictures. There are other members who are into a wide variety of key systems.

As for you touch tone, they are equally welcome. The sought after 10 button desk sets and round button trim lines are collected by members and there is at least a few members, IIRC, are into Autovon and card dialers. There are topics on the forum of all of the above.

Take your time to explore the forum and contribute all you can.

podor

Welcome!

I'm still relatively new myself, but I thoroughly enjoy this forum. Great folks indeed. Good to hear from another 1A2 collector, also.

Victor Laszlo

"I guess you and Ilsa made it to Lisbon OK. "

That was my dad, actually. I'm Vic Jr. born in 1943.  Yes, Mom and Dad made it safely to Lisbon, and thence to the US. After the war, they settled in Pennsylvania.  So as you can see, I owe my very existence to Mr. Rick.  I wish I had a forint for every time someone has mentioned Lisbon (or letters of transit) to me.

Thank you all for making me feel so welcome!

Jim Stettler

Quote from: unbeldi on February 28, 2016, 03:33:30 PM
Welcome!

Keysets in every color surely make a nice collection and TT sets are no strangers here either.
As always on this forum people love to see pictures.

Brown sets do seem to be rather rare, the only one I have ever seen and found is this 564H of 1958, and I think someone else here has a 544.

It's essentially mint, but it is missing its Mahogany brown mounting cord. Do you happen to have one?

I don't think I have seen a clear set.

I have a Brown WE 544 2-56. I have a clear key set " Kellogg/ITT    56400(B A) 30M 561".  I have heard rumors of Clear WE 565's ect. I believe there were clear examples created. It is up to us to find them.
JMO,
JIm S.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

jsowers

Victor, welcome to the Forum! Please post some pictures of your collection.

Do you have a gold flashed 565? My aunt actually found one of those at a local thrft store. It may have been a retirement present to some employee. She buys WE phones when she sees them because they remind her of her husband who worked for Southern Bell.

And in case some people are wondering, you're referring to characters in the movie Casablanca (1942), with Humphrey Bogart. Paul Henreid played Victor Laszlo who got to fly off at the end with Ilsa, played by Ingrid Bergman.
Jonathan

HarrySmith

Hi Vic,
Welcome! You have found the best forum on the net! Lot's of great people here with tons of knowledge and experience that they are more than willing to share. Also very generous with help or hard to find parts. Please, post lot's of pictures, we love pictures! All phones are welcome here, not excluding touch tone. I would bet everyone here has at least one in their collection. Autovon & card dialers are very popular! As a matter of fact I am in need of some of those for my collection, if you have any doubles you might be willing to part with!
Harry
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Fabius

Welcome!

Of all the forums, in all the towns, in all the world, he walks into this one.  I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

I hope to get a 1A2 system someday. Been watching for one to show up reasonable on eBay or at a show.

Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

Babybearjs

Welcome Vic! I have a 1A1 system in my home and love it. I have several 400 and 500 series key sets in my collection and I am looking for a 636 ley for one of my sets that had a broken 589 key in it. If you have any parts, I'm looking! right now, I'm looking for the 636 key and a Avacado Green Handset for a 500 set.  I'm always on the lookout for the 400 series keysets as the art deco design is so classic. if you ever want to see pictures, just ask....    Welcome!   John
John

19and41

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke