News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

My Collection Upated!

Started by AET, December 24, 2009, 10:55:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AET

Here are some new pics as my collection's growing!!

Also, not to mention, my daily driver next to my bed, a Moss 500 with volume control on the handset for the hearing impaired (me) and 2 2500s which are sitting over in that corner as well.
- Tom

Dan

Love the phones and also the turquoise clock and the PBR can. Is your mantle clock a sessions brand?
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

AET

Thank you, and yes the clock is a sessions.

Also, the PBR can is nothing compared to the rest.  My dad and I are hard-core brewery collectors.  We have rooms of stuff, particularly Milwaukee, and Particulary Pabst.  Mostly Pre-Prohibition, from the 1870s up then Prohibition with obscure items like Pabst Cheese, Blatz Cigars, etc.  And some stuff up to the 50's. 

We even have the First Blatz Bottle ever made, which was in a 1940s ad.  I have a couple copies of the ad and tags from Blatz Brewery that came with the Bottle.

I will post pics of the collection one of these days.
- Tom

foots

Impressive, very impressive. You have some nice phones as well as other stuff.  That alarm clock on your headboard is a Westclox, correct? The side with the star lights up? I do like the PBR can too. Pabst happens to be my absolute favorite beer. 
"Ain't Worryin' 'Bout Nothin"

AET

You are correct, it's a Westclox and the star lites, up, got it for a dollar! 

Pabst is my favorite beer as well, then Schlitz.
- Tom

HobieSport

Very Cool Display Tom. Thanks for showing. My Sessions clock is chiming every fifteen minutes.
-Matt

Dennis Markham

Nice "start" to your collection Tom.  That center shelf,  Red, Green and Yellow reminded me of the conductors in the mounting cord. :)

In my younger days we called Pabst (among other things) Pabst Blue Headache.

~Dennis

AET

Thanks Dennis.  That was kinda what I was actually going for on that shelf :) I love my PBR and they call it that around here too.  My sessions clock also chimes every 15 minutes, but is WAY slow.  Any idea how to adjust it?
- Tom

bingster

Tom, most clocks that are found in the wild are in desperate need of a good cleaning.  Clocks were supposed to be cleaned and serviced every two years or so, and if they aren't, they tend to slow down dramatically.  Oiling doesn't do the trick--the movement has to be disassembled and cleaned.  It could also be that the S-F adjustment is off, if it's a mechanical clock.  If it's electric, it probably can't be adjusted.
= DARRIN =