News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

My Phones - John S

Started by John S, December 20, 2009, 11:42:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John S

Here is my pre 1940's phone collection.  I wanted to share them with you guy/gals.  I have been working on this collection for about 2 years. These phones come from all over the place, estate sales, fle markets, antiques shops, e-bay.   I am going to start with hardwired rotary wall phones now.  Hope you like all the pics....

John

John S

Here are more pics....

LarryInMichigan

John,

That's a really nice collection.  I especially like the 102 with the party line dial.  Are any of them in service?  Where in MI are you?

Larry

McHeath

Great collection!  Your phones all look real fine, have you done restoration work on them to get them into this condition?  It's very museum like, and that shiny black always look good with well finished wood accents like the bell boxes. 

John S

Hi Larry,

Thanks for your comment.  Most of them do work, about 3-4 of them still  need some work.  I am in Lower MI, along the Lake Shore.  Thanks again for the comment........

Merry Christmas to all..........

John S

McHeath

Yes, some of them have been restored.  The shiny black is new paint.  I took the old paint off, sanded and painted it.  It was alot of work, but the end result was great.  The wood box was the same...I had to sand it all over, till it was smooth.  Then applied a stain, polyurethane.  It somehting I really enjoy....Thanks for your post.........

Phonesrfun

Nice collection, and nice shelving for dislplays.
-Bill G

Dan/Panther

Love your collection...
Merry Christmas to you and everyone.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

AET

I am so envious!!!  Your collection is astoundingly fantastic!
- Tom

ntophones

Great job! I'm so glad you posted your phones! You should be proud!
I just love looking at people's pictures of their phones! Like family photos--sort of!  :D
--nto

stub

John S,
           That is a great looking collection ! Very nice shelves!! Keep posting pics of phones, we all like to look at them!!
                                                                    Merry Christmas ,  stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

Dennis Markham

John, your collection is very nice.  In addition to the B1 with the rural dial plate, I really like the "hotel phone", also with the rural dial plate and the bulldog transmitter.  I have wanted to get my hands on one of those "one of these days".  Perhaps in 2010.