News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

My Telephone Collection - Harry Smith

Started by HarrySmith, May 31, 2010, 05:15:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HarrySmith

I finally got around to browsing this thread. You guys all have some great collections! Since today was a holiday I decided to get my guys together for a portrait. I also have a WE 555 cordboard which I eventually want to get all my phones hooked up to. I will get a pic of it up tomorrow.

Harry
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Phonesrfun

Harry:

Your desk is too organized.  Nice group "family" picture!

-Bill G

JorgeAmely

Harry:

Can you comment on the Rose Beige, which is also in your avatar picture? It seems it lived most of its life inside the box. Is it NOS?
Jorge

Kenny C

i have a question about rose beige telephones. Did any other telephone companys make the color and was it avaliable in a wall phone????
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

HarrySmith

The Rose Beige was restored by an ATCA member, it looks very good but it is not perfect, it was dropped on the right ear at some point and is slightly damaged with a small crack above the dial. It was my first soft 500 and I got it at a very good price. If anyone has a line cord for it I am looking for one!

You can check Paul F's page for color listings: http://www.paul-f.com/color.htm#WE500

The desk is not always that well organised, I cleaned it up to put the phones out! The phones on the top are displayed there the others were brought in from different spots around the house.

Here is the picture of my board as promised. I am in need of the proper 101G power supply for it. If anyone going to Shipshewanna has one to bring along I will make sure you won't have to take it home!

Harry
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

jsowers

Quote from: Kennyc1955 on June 01, 2010, 01:05:39 AM
i have a question about rose beige telephones. Did any other telephone companys make the color and was it avaliable in a wall phone????

Kenny, yes a 554 wall phone was made, briefly, from 1956 to 1957 when Rose Beige was discontinued. ITT-Kellogg also made an identical color. I know because the Rose Beige 554 I happen to have is equipped with an ITT-Kellogg handset and they match colors perfectly. Well, except for the part that's stained by skin oils. Rose Beige was susceptible to skin oil staining and this one has it. I posted a picture below.
Jonathan

Kenny C

i have the same phone from ITT dates 1980-1984 it has a chrome switchhook and looks identical to the black WE 554
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010