HarrySmith

Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

paul-f

Coincidentally, I just saw a similar phone on PBS in the 1939 movie Ninotchka.  There was also one in ivory.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

cchaven

I saw that not long after it was listed...ok, I can see someone trying to overprice and get some unsuspecting person...but when it's that overpriced, do they truly think it's going to sell?  Geez

JorgeAmely

Jorge

AE_Collector

$245 or $275 BIN on my computer. Must have typed in the 00 cents without a decimal place but have corrected it now. It expired a day or two ago without bids at the same price(s). I can't tell if that is a crack or a scrape or a photography problem on the far right side in the picture.

Terry

LarryInMichigan

I don't think that the ting on the far right of the picture is a scratch because it extends past the end of the phone.  My guess is that it is a thread or some such thing which is lying on the shell. 

Larry

HarrySmith

OK, that is much better, still too high in my opinion and the shipping is ridiculous!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

AET

I have this phone, missing the trim rings off the handset, and I think I payed 30 bucks for it.
- Tom

AE_Collector

Quote from: AtomicEraTom on December 19, 2010, 01:05:08 PM
I have this phone, missing the trim rings off the handset, and I think I payed 30 bucks for it.

Probably not "missing" the trim rings but with black painted brass rings rather than the nickeled brass rings. These handsets all have metal rings but the nickeled version shows up maybe 5% of the time at most.

$30 is a steal for an AE 34. Anything under $100 is a good deal in my opinion as long as there are no cracks.

Terry

AET

Well, there doesn't seem to be rings at all on it, so I'm assuming they're missing, but I could be wrong.
- Tom

AE_Collector

Quote from: AtomicEraTom on December 19, 2010, 10:36:31 PM
Well, there doesn't seem to be rings at all on it, so I'm assuming they're missing, but I could be wrong.

Okay, it probably isn't a 34 then but an AE 40. Looks pretty similar to the 34 but has the newer type 41 bakelite handset.

Terry