News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Allen Tel Products Inc GB70VN02

Started by oldguy, December 27, 2019, 03:53:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldguy

I picked this phone up a while back to put outside, so I can answer the phone when i'm in the yard. I just opened it up & the bell is on the inside but so is the touch pad??? Does anybody know how to wire it? Or any useful information.
Gary

HarrySmith

Is that all there is inside? Maybe a closeup of the back of the dial would help?
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

oldguy

Here are some more pictures. there are 2 PC boards, this may be normal for a keypad, I don't know. The big black cable is from the handset.
Gary

HarrySmith

OK. Thats what I thought, looks like everything you need is in the dial. I am not sure of the connections but I am sure somebody here is and will chime in shortly :D
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

rdelius

I think this set was designed to auto dial a preset telephone number.That encloseure is standard and an old Kellogg one will fit. Some have handsets and some have seperate Rec and tx units.

Key2871

That would make sense because the dial is actually inside the set, so using the key pad to enter the number you want to auto dial, then close it up. Then just lift the handset and it dials the number.
KEN

oldguy

Thanks guys. That auto dial thing makes sense. Hopefully I can still answer it & maybe reprogram it.
Gary

oldguy

I haven't been able to find anything on line as far as manuals or wiring information. Any more help would be appreciated.
Gary