News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Leich Beehive disassembly

Started by foots, April 15, 2010, 02:35:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

foots

I'm trying to open up my new Leich beehive but I am having some trouble. I need to remove the lower housing so I can clean it and repair the small crack. I have it unscrewed but can't get it past the crank handle. I don't see any way to remove the hanle. Does anyone here have any experience with these?
"Ain't Worryin' 'Bout Nothin"

AE_Collector

I have a "Beehive" somewhere but I'm not at home to look at it. Generally, crank handles are removed by spinning them backwards to the normal direction. Sometimes a quick jerk backwards is needed to get it to unthread.

Terry

Wallphone

Terry is correct.
Give the handle a sharp hit with your fist or a small rubber mallet in a CCW rotation.
Dougpav

Phonesrfun

What Doug has said should be the way to go.  Just give it enough of a counter-clockwise knock to knock it loose.  It could be kind of tight from years of use.

Sounds like it got there in one piece!

-Bill G

foots

Thanks, I'll give it a try and see.    That did the trick. Everything inside looks good, wires are in good shape, no signs of corrosion or rust. Other than a few old cobwebs, everything is looking good. Only the handset elements are dated, both early 1948. There is also a nice schematic inside the lower housing.
"Ain't Worryin' 'Bout Nothin"