"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Who is good at restoring 302 feet?

Started by djtownsend, November 29, 2011, 06:25:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

djtownsend

All,

I restore a good number of WE 302's and the part I hate the most are restoring the four feet for the phone.  I've tried a number of times and have only come up w/ a few that I consider worthy enough to put on my restored phones.  I see that OldPhoneWorks charges about $23 for four feet.  Is there someone out there that is good at doing this?  I'm willing to provide the metal and felt portions of the feet for someone to restore them and of course would pay to have them restored.  I'm just looking for a better way to have recovered the feet and save some money at the same time. 

Just looking for someone who could restore my feet at a price lower than buying already restored feet at $23 per four feet.  Anyone out there who could do this?

Thanks in advance for anyone who would be willing to do this.

Dan

djtownsend

As a follow-up to my request for someone to restore WE 302 feet, I found that some of the feet that I'm stripping don't have felt inside of them but a rubber substance which gets destroyed when I break down the feet.  This would require the person restoring the feet to provide the felt for the 302 feet.  I understand the extra cost here but am still looking for someone to restore these feet and to provide the felt for those feet where I do not find felt already on them.

Thanks again.

Dan

recrum

I realize this is an old post but perhaps this guy is still doing the feet. [url http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=4033.0][/url]

djtownsend

Recrum,

Thanks for the info.  Appreciated.

Dan

Bill

I've used Dennis/dencins a couple times. His work is great - and fast! See the forum on "Vendor Experiences".

Bill

cihensley@aol.com

I use Dennis (Decins) for all fabric restoration work. He is great.

Chuck

Dan/Panther

Dennis does excellent work, he did the feet on my 4? 500 restoration.
If you want to attempt it yourself look here.
Dan

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=822.0

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Doug Rose

Quote from: Dan/Panther on November 30, 2011, 01:14:25 PM
Dennis does excellent work, he did the feet on my 4? 500 restoration.
If you want to attempt it yourself look here.
Dan

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=822.0
Welcome back stranger. I was trying to remember the last time I saw a post from you....Doug
Kidphone

Dan/Panther

Doug;
I drop in once in awhile. I went the rout that Finlover took. I'm practicing my guitar and have put other things on low fire for now. I have recently taken advantage of the suppressed market and picked up a couple bargains. I still have about 50 phones in need of restoring.
the last time I sold anything I took a bath on an Imperial that I had completely restored and made a nice solid oak ringer box for it. It sold for $58.00 about what I paid for it messed up, without the oak box.
To this day I still get chills when I look at the 500 prototype I have, I love that phone.
Dan

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson