News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

AE-31-B Two-line Monophone cat.# AA-44 , 2 key switches

Started by stub, June 22, 2011, 02:27:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stub

Here is another one I got off e-bay some time ago. AE- 31 -B Two-Line Monophone   cat #  AA-44.
       I'm still a little behind on my picture taking .   More phones to drag out  ;D      stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

Russ Kirk

I just picked up an AE 31-B  AA-44 "Two-Line" Monophone at the SoCal phone show.  My switches and dial plate look a bit different than yours Stub.
- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

stub

Russ,
        I think your phone is the easier to use version of the same phone and who knows on the dial .
        Look at my wiring diagram and you will see the red and green keys labeled . I found your phone in the AE Catalog,4055-D , 1944 , pg.14 , as pictured. I am still looking for a catalog pic of mine . I may have the catalog  :o AA numbers wrong ;D  !
        Please post the baseplate info.   stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

Russ Kirk

Hi, here is the photo of the bottom. The L# - "L 1139 A0" - is not in the catalog, but the photo of the phone matches.  I do not know what the "PS 6" indicates.
- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

stub

Kirk,
       Here's what Mr. Kerman had to say on the two-line AE phones " The version with LINE 1 and LINE 2 markings connected to a special version of the metal Type 21 subset containing a pair of single-gong ringers for the two lines and an induction coil. The version with colored bands and no text markings requires a special relay unit and cannot select multiple lines directly."  stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

stub

Russ,
        Did your phone have a diagram on the base plate? Could you post a pic sometime ? Thanks,  stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

AE_Collector

Quote from: Russ Kirk on June 09, 2015, 10:21:08 AM
Hi, here is the photo of the bottom. The L# - "L 1139 A0" - is not in the catalog, but the photo of the phone matches.  I do not know what the "PS 6" indicates.

I DO!  Well, almost...

Early August 1950 assembly line 6 most likely. Small chance it could be reverse of that ..later in September 1947.

Terry

Russ Kirk

Thanks Terry!

Stub, here's the photo.

Russ
- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI