News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Favorite color on 500 Type telephone/best looking

Started by WesternElectricBen, April 21, 2013, 06:20:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

For 500 type telephones what are your favorite color? It doesn't have to be your favorite just what you think look best.

Mahogany Brown
Mediterranean Blue
Dark Gray
Dark Beig
Ivory
Red
Yellow/Harvest Gold
Moss Green/Avocado Green
White
Aqua Blue
Rose Pink
Light Gray
Light Beige
Turquoise
Black

WesternElectricBen

Hello,

I was wondering what you guys like color wise on your 500s, I'm not talking about your princesses, 2500's etc. Your 500's.

It could be your personal favorite color, or maybe what you think looks best/coordinates. I am interested in knowing.

Thanks for participating! And please tell me if I miss a color.

Ben

kleinkaliber

I don't think anyone can decide. I know I can't. Even the less glamorous colors look good. At the moment, I'll go with red.

WesternElectricBen

Quote from: kleinkaliber on April 22, 2013, 09:52:44 PM
I don't think anyone can decide. I know I can't. Even the less glamorous colors look good. At the moment, I'll go with red.

I like avacado green and aqua blue the most.

Ben

Jim Stettler

The mahogany Brown looks great in person. It is different than the later browns. The problem with the mahogany brown is that it doesn't photograph well.
JMO,
Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

WesternElectricBen

Quote from: Jim S. on April 22, 2013, 11:53:58 PM
The mahogany Brown looks great in person. It is different than the later browns. The problem with the mahogany brown is that it doesn't photograph well.
JMO,
Jim

Oh really I don't own any brown phones so I wouldn't know.

Ben

JimH

Funny how dark blue is the most popular here, when originally it was probably one of the least popular.  That is why they are worth so much now.  If it had been popular back in the day, there would be dark blue phones everywhere (like beige or light blue), and they would not be worth as much  ::)
Jim H.

baldopeacock

I didn't realize how good Oxford Gray can look in person, but it's really kind of striking and it's rarely seen.

WesternElectricBen

Quote from: JimH on April 23, 2013, 10:59:20 AM
Funny how dark blue is the highest here, when originally it was probably one of the least popular.  That is why it is worth so much now.  If it had been popular, there would be dark blue phones available everywhere (like beige or light blue), and they would not be worth as much.  

I agree I don't the then dark blue looks the best though I see why other people like it..

Ben

liteamorn

I voted for Med Blue but Oxford Grey and Mahogony are right up there, maybe because I can't get my hands on one.

My favorite 500 that I own though is my Black P/U 500, gotta love those mushrooms!

Dan

Like the Oxford grey the best, but the Mahogany Brown is cool because it looks like melted chocolate
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

AE40FAN

Med Blue, Oxford Grey, and Mohagony  Brown.  Common colors Red, Aqua, and Yellow....

Dennis Markham

My first thought was Mediterranean Blue but looking at my shelves I have six variations of Red so my favorite must be Red.  It's funny though because the last color of car that I would buy would be Red even though it's one of the most popular colors.  But I like 'em all.........

WesternElectricBen

Quote from: Dennis Markham on April 28, 2013, 08:30:40 PM
My first thought was Mediterranean Blue but looking at my shelves I have six variations of Red so my favorite must be Red.  It's funny though because the last color of car that I would buy would be Red even though it's one of the most popular colors.  But I like 'em all.........

I agree, I like Mediterranean blue but on the way my med. blue phone is discolored it just looks ugly.

Ben

WesternElectricBen

Quote from: Dan on April 28, 2013, 07:26:05 PM
Like the Oxford grey the best, but the Mahogany Brown is cool because it looks like melted chocolate

I like chocolate aswell. haha

Ben

WesternElectricBen

Quote from: liteamorn on April 28, 2013, 06:57:40 PM
I voted for Med Blue but Oxford Grey and Mahogony are right up there, maybe because I can't get my hands on one.

My favorite 500 that I own though is my Black P/U 500, gotta love those mushrooms!

I like the mushroom phones alot aswell I wish I could get one or a card dialer...
BEn