News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

The CRPF "Bad Packing" awards

Started by Dan, March 01, 2009, 04:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AET

Wow, I am so sorry, that's enough to bring a tear to a glass eye.  Maybe you can find another pink shell in the future.
- Tom

bingster

I'd like to try to find a shell for it, but I may not be able to keep it.  It depends on whether or not UPS decides to inspect it.  If they do, they'll come and pick it up.
= DARRIN =

Dennis Markham

Bingster, I feel your pain.  That IS an awful way to end the life of that phone.  What a shame.  I feel bad telling people how to package, especially experienced eBay sellers, but if you don't they'll ship it with the handset on and then they even still do it if asked not to.  I've held my breath a few times unwrapping them.

Greg G.

Ouch!  Especially considering what you paid.  What the hell does the post office do with those things, use them for step ladders?  Was it insured? Any chance of a refund at all?
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

bingster

This one came by UPS, but I suspect packages are mistreated regardless of carrier.  Yup, thankfully it was insured, so I won't be out anything. 
= DARRIN =

Dan/Panther

That's a crying shame...
They don't call them oops for nothing.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

trainman

Ebay. Removing antiques from the world, one package at a time.

Bill Cahill

:(  Ouch!!!
I've had antique tv's, radios, and, phonos arrive that way.
It's truly heart breaking....  :(

Bill Cahill

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."

McHeath

Check out the latest TCI newsletter, a guy fixes a phone with damage like this:

http://www.telephonecollectors.org/swsample.pdf

BDM

I've seen many amazing repairs over the years. Some so good, it's hard to tell without a nice long close look. But, for me, a repaired phone. Especially one with this kind of damage. Will never be the same.
--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI

Greg G.

Here's a pink one on ebay, albeit a little pricey, but that's up to you:

http://tinyurl.com/cxg6ds
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

McHeath

Ah finlover has another one up.  He just sold a red 500, dated from 61', for 141 bucks.  Bet he gets over 200 for this pink job. 

bingster

QuoteThe dial mechanism is the old style with all-metal gears for that great clickety-clack sound these are famous for.
Since when does this dial make that noise?  It's the 2 and 4 dials that do that, not the 7s.   :-\
= DARRIN =

HobieSport

Yes, Finlover works in mysterious ways and is worth a study... ;)

Dan/Panther

I sold my 302 a few days ago and I've tried contacting the buyer several times to see how it arrived and if they are happy with it. No response why are people like that?
I'm on pins and needles here hoping I packed it well
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson