Main Menu

The CRPF "Bad Packing" awards

Started by Dan, March 01, 2009, 04:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TelePlay

Quote from: Doug Rose on September 15, 2012, 04:27:53 PM
Totally destroyed. What a darn shame!

That's criminal. Seller should do time . . . >:(

And your packing request was appropriate.

AE_Collector

Thanks for the warning doug. Funny thing was that I still felt compelled to look even after reading your warning.

Those bakelite covers on those early spacesavers are so fragile. I only have one and its cover has a crack. I saw that auction but didn't realise it was two phones. Hopefully you can piece them back togther somewhat.

Terry

Doug Rose

It was for only one, seller offered me a second one for the same price, I have never seen one of these without a crack or a chip. Non existant packing was its demise.....bummer...Doug
Kidphone

stub

Doug,
           :'( :'( :'( :'(  You have my condolence's.  :'( :'( :'( :'(  
                                      I got one last OCT. and I got lucky  !    stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

Dan/Panther

That is why I never use, or request Newspaper. It will compress, bubble wrap, and peanuts, will not compress very well.
The really sad thing, two more phones gone, that can never be replaced. :'(
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

teka-bb

=============================================
Regards,

Remco, JKL Museum of Telephony Curator

JKL Museum of Telephony: http://jklmuseum.com/
TCI Library: http://www.telephonecollectors.info/

AE_Collector

I think I know why you were recently looking for a couple of Monophone Hookswitch cover plates now Doug! Odd that they were missing, maybe somone used them as spare parts on another phone.

Terry

McHeath

Amazing blunder by the seller.  Guess we could give awards for Worst Packing Job Everâ„¢!  What are people thinking when they pack stuff like that?

Greg G.

I feel your pain.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Doug Rose

Quote from: AE_collector on September 16, 2012, 11:30:49 PM
I think I knw why you were recently looking for a couple of Monophone Hookswitch cover plates now Doug! Odd that they were missing, maybe somone used them as spare parts on another phone.

Terry
Terry....You are correct. I found a perfect one in my parts bin after posting the want for the plates. What amazes me as the handsets are perfect, cloth handset cords have the AE label. The shine on what's left of the bopdies is superb. Anyone need any parts from these. I know the bakelite reciever mount breaks of of these. Otherwise, I put them on ebay as parts only.....Doug
Kidphone

AE_Collector

Okay, here it is, The CRPF "Bad Packing" awards thread. I've merged a whole bunch of "Bad Packing" threads together where they were mainly concerned with the bad packing and the damage caused by it. Everyone get themselves a double Rum and Coke before reading this one from the top......

Terry

twocvbloke

Quote from: AE_collector on October 05, 2012, 01:31:38 AMEveryone get themselves a double Rum and Coke before reading this one from the top......

Can I have Bombardier beer instead? :D

Karen

AE 90 from ebay.  Didnt realize it was coming from Canada and I have no idea how he shipped it for 17.00.   Ive never shipped a phone internationally for less than 32.  But this is how it got here--

He set the receiver on the bottom of the package and the body of the phone on top of it. Crunch.

I emailed him that it was cracked and ruined and he's been pretty unsympathetic. Says I need to ship it back for him to file a claim (I paid 30 for it plus 17 shipping, it would cost me at least 30 to ship back, so I wouldnt actually GET anything back).  I told him it would cost me the same for shipping back as he would refund me. I offered to send pics instead. He doesnt want pics.  Finally after pushing the issue and breaking down the numbers he says Canada Post needs my phone number. So I provide it and never hear from him again. 

At this point Ive given up.  Havent rated him because he hasnt rated me.  Overall...very disappointed.    First time on ebay someone has basically unapologetically screwed me over.

HarrySmith

Now how about a good packing award. See my earlier post about the Intercom I purchased, I finally got the seller to pack it correctly after a few emails. It arrived today in one piece. It was packed exactly as I asked. Some pictures below.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

LarryInMichigan

Quote from: HarrySmith on October 15, 2012, 07:54:30 PM
Now how about a good packing award. See my earlier post about the Intercom I purchased, I finally got the seller to pack it correctly after a few emails. It arrived today in one piece. It was packed exactly as I asked. Some pictures below.

Very colorful too :)