News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Panasonic 308 Question

Started by Vacuumlad1650, May 07, 2018, 11:17:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vacuumlad1650

I understand there is a specific telephone needed to program a Panasonic 308. Does a Panasonic KX-TS21-W work for it? I picked one up at goodwill, and my PBX should be here this week (Thanks Greg!!)

Thanks!
Andy R...

Vacuumlad1650@gmail.com

My grandfather spent 40+ years at Illinois Bell. Thanks to him, I'm a nut for real telephones! Another breed of Phone Phreak... D. Lipp, 1938-2018

AE_Collector

I think you will find the info you need if you read through this topic:

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=13519.0

Terry

Owain

KX-TS21-W looks like a standard 2 line corded phone, not a proprietary Keyphone for the phone system.

oldguy

These are the phone that will work.

KX-T30830
KX-T61630
KX-T123230
KX-T7030
KX-T7130
Gary

Vacuumlad1650

Well, until I get it programmed the way I want it it's set up as-it. Can someone tell me what this second cord with spade terminals protruding from the bottom is for?
Andy R...

Vacuumlad1650@gmail.com

My grandfather spent 40+ years at Illinois Bell. Thanks to him, I'm a nut for real telephones! Another breed of Phone Phreak... D. Lipp, 1938-2018

oldguy

I'm pretty sure it's not stock. I have 1 308 & 4 616s & none of them have it.
Gary

AE_Collector

My guess would be that it had an external battery pack.

Terry

Vacuumlad1650

Looks like I'll pop the cover off and see what it connects to.
Andy R...

Vacuumlad1650@gmail.com

oldguy

No comments on how many I have? ;-) They are kind of like WE302s, I can't seem to pass up a good deal on a 616 or a WE302.
Gary

compubit

That's why I'm hooked on KX-TA6XX/8XX series... ;-)

Jim
A phone phanatic since I was less than 2 (thanks to Fisher Price); collector since a teenager; now able to afford to play!
Favorite Phone: Western Electric Trimline - it just feels right holding it up to my face!

Pourme

Quote from: oldguy on May 10, 2018, 06:24:55 PM
No comments on how many I have? ;-) They are kind of like WE302s, I can't seem to pass up a good deal on a 616 or a WE302.

I was going to say something, Gary. Didn't realized you had escalated to collecting PBXs...

Benny
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

twocvbloke

Quote from: oldguy on May 10, 2018, 06:24:55 PM

I almost bought an ebay lot that had a 616 in it just because it had a 616 in it, that and a few other things including a Samsung smartwatch that could have been interesting to get working, but I didn't, and good thing I didn't I wouldn't have had any money for food this week if I had!!  ;D

Owain

Quote from: twocvbloke on May 11, 2018, 03:07:05 AM
I wouldn't have had any money for food this week if I had!!  ;D

Hunger is temporary. A telephone gives lasting happiness.

I'm sure we'd have all clubbed together and sent you weekly rations of 7 x Tesco Value Pasta 25p.

twocvbloke

Only problem is, I can't stand pasta...  ;D

RB

Quote from: Owain on May 11, 2018, 07:46:48 AM
Hunger is temporary. A telephone gives lasting happiness.

I'm sure we'd have all clubbed together and sent you weekly rations of 7 x Tesco Value Pasta 25p.
Now theres one that needs to be handle.
Somebody make that appear on their posts!  :D