"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Hello from Alabama!

Started by aubiecat, May 03, 2023, 10:39:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aubiecat

Hi all,

My name is Lauren and I'm excited to join this passionate group of people. I found my way here because I was trying to DIY an audio guestbook for my wedding on May 13. I ended up getting frustrated with that process (after purchasing two old phones), but now I find myself with a newfound rotary hobby.

My neatest collect is an Aqua Blue  Western Electric 500 with a 425B network. Using a guide that someone posted, I disassembled it and dated it. Interestingly, it doesn't appear to have ever been repaired by the folks at WE as all the internal parts date to 1959. I don't have a landline yet, but I think if I'm able to work my way around this phone I'd like to. I'm happy to include photos should anyone like to see it--and after I re-assemble it.

HarrySmith

Welcome! I have to apologize, it appears you have contracted Phoneitis. Everyone here is infected with it and it is highly contagious. It is a progressive, incurable disease. The only treatment for it is more phones! Maybe collect all 13 colors of the 500 model or maybe different models or maybe telephone tools or signs. Lots of treatment options! Seriously. you have found the best forum on the net. BTW - we LOVE pictures!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Contempra

Hello Lauren , yeah , welcome and , and as Harry says so well, you have or you will catch the phoneitis ( :) ) because it is an excellent hobby while preserving our telephone heritage. The model 500 is a very common model but, in other colors, it is even better. This model is quite easy to revise or repair. If you have any questions, don't hold back, there are plenty of experts here. God bless you and have a great day Lauren.

HarrySmith

BTW - CONGRATS on your wedding  :)

Today is my 25th wedding anniversary. She is a saint for putting up with me for that long, including the phone obsession...err...hobby ;D
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Contempra

Quote from: HarrySmith on May 03, 2023, 11:24:08 AMBTW - CONGRATS on your wedding  :)

Today is my 25th wedding anniversary. She is a saint for putting up with me for that long, including the phone obsession...err...hobby ;D

Me it will be 24 years in July that we are married, a week later it will be 25 years that we know each other and be together.. and, .... like you, she endures me, but I also endure it sometimes lolllll..

Happy 25th wedding anniversary Harry

HarrySmith

Thanks! We were together for a couple of years before also.
After 24 years I think you would know by now that you never endure it. She is always right and you are always wrong. Simple. Nothing to endure on your end  ;D
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

MMikeJBenN27

Welcome to the club.  You really should get a land line, if for no other reason than to test the many phones you will be buying.  Plus, home phones never need recharging, don't need an external power source, don't go dead because you are on hold, and just give better performance. 

Mike

Contempra

Quote from: HarrySmith on May 03, 2023, 01:08:00 PMThanks! We were together for a couple of years before also.
After 24 years I think you would know by now that you never endure it. She is always right and you are always wrong. Simple. Nothing to endure on your end  ;D

;D That's pretty good indeed. I'm never right.