News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

My new phone display cabinet

Started by rbouch, April 06, 2019, 09:51:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rbouch

Been looking for one of these for a long time.....

Pourme

I like that. A dust controlled environment. Nice looking display!
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

Key2871

Nice idea. Covered to help keep the dust down. Those will help. And LED accent lighting? That would really look nice, especially at night.
KEN

KaiserFrazer67

I like it, too.  I'm looking for a display cabinet of my own, but more vertical than horizontal as I wish to take up the space in front of an unused pocket door in my living room.  I may wind up building one.
I especially like the vintage digital clock and what looks like a Mercedes-dial AE candlestick on top of your cabinet.
-Tom from Oakfield, Wisconsin --  My CO CLLI & switch: OKFDWIXADS0--GTD-5 EAX

"Problems are merely opportunities in workclothes." -Henry J. Kaiser

Key2871

I had built a 4' X 5' about sixteen years ago, I had five shelves and was going to do glass bypass doors to help keep dust off. But with work at that point being so busy, I never got around to doing the doors. I have to dig up some pictures of the display of 500's and 700 series sets that populated that.
If you look around at a place that's going out of business, or that sells used show cases you may find and up right case.
KEN

Whitcrane76

It's got that "Mad Men" era look to it, I like it too.

Dan/Panther

Quote from: KaiserFrazer67 on April 07, 2019, 05:49:55 PM
I like it, too.  I'm looking for a display cabinet of my own, but more vertical than horizontal as I wish to take up the space in front of an unused pocket door in my living room.  I may wind up building one.
I especially like the vintage digital clock and what looks like a Mercedes-dial AE candlestick on top of your cabinet.

Remove the door, add shelves.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

KaiserFrazer67

Quote from: Dan/Panther on April 08, 2019, 01:26:25 PM
Remove the door, add shelves.
D/P
The door does function; it just isn't used.  I'd like to keep it in place as the house is 110+ years old (1908), and it will outlast me.  I don't like tearing up and modernizing old houses--the previous owners had already done some of that to the two carved wood pillars between the living room and the foyer by cutting off and discarding some of the hand-carved filigree which used to be on them.  >:(  I'm a preservationist when it comes to that sort of thing, just like the stuff I collect.  ;)  I already have plans to build a free-standing bookcase on the side of the door which is now my "office" (originally the parlor, what my family and I always called the "den"--"family room" to most people), one that is the same dimensions as the inside of the door jamb.  I may do the same with a display case on the living room side of the door--build it so that it just slips inside the door jamb.  That way the door will still be preserved for anyone in the future who may want to use the door as it was "back in the day", and I'll be able to make maximum use of the space.
-Tom from Oakfield, Wisconsin --  My CO CLLI & switch: OKFDWIXADS0--GTD-5 EAX

"Problems are merely opportunities in workclothes." -Henry J. Kaiser