News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

NOS Military Phone

Started by HarrySmith, November 09, 2017, 08:36:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HarrySmith

Just came across this on eBay. Can someone tell me if this is this an Autovon phone?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/162746082264
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

rdelius

It is digital so not autovon

dsk

Please teach me, I was sure all these with that keypad was autovon.

dsk

HarrySmith

That was my thoughts also, looks like an Autovon keypad but it is digital?? Anyone got any info?
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

rdelius

It is digital look above the red signal light for the baud rates I do not remember if it will work point to point to another set or if 4wire only

TelePlay

The seller description says "digital"

"New in bag (Bag is unopened) TA-954/TT Digital non-secure voice terminal made by Magnavox.
Rubber pad is still soft as is handset cord. Unit also has a Cloth carry strap."

From RadioNerds, they describe it as

"The digital nonsecure voice terminal (Digital Nonsecure Voice Terminal) TA-954/TT is a four-wire terminal contained in a ruggedized case, which transmits and receives conditioned diphase-modulated digitized voice and loop signaling information at 16 or 32 kb/s. The Digital Nonsecure Voice Terminal has a 16-key push button keyboard, receiver and ring volume controls, an incoming call/off-hook indicator light, and writing pad. It contains built-in protection from nuclear energy electromagnetic pulses and lightning. Handset H-350/U is issued with the Digital Nonsecure Voice Terminal. The microphone element is activated when the handset is removed from the cradle (hot mike). The push-to-net radio interface switch is only pressed to key the C-6709. The Digital Nonsecure Voice Terminal provides a digital communications interface with Tri-Service Tactical Communications (TRI-TAC) and Mobile Subscriber Equipment (MSE) circuit switches. "

Military Tech Manual:

TM 11-5805-735-12      DIGITAL NON-SECURE VOICE TERMINAL,

TA-954/TT, PART NO. 23400-502 (NSN 5805-01-159-9691 ( 15 December 1983 )

HarrySmith

"Protected from nuclear electomagnetic pulses" WOW!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

dsk

And when I served we should use rain-gear to be protected from radioactive dust from the sky!
dsk