News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

For the phone collecter who has everything....

Started by AET, December 06, 2009, 10:26:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AET

http://tinyurl.com/ykv98m7 ( dead link 08-09-21 )
- Tom

bellsystemproperty

That would be cool if someone bough it and cleaned it up. Then they could open Rotary*Mart and have these trucks as the delivery vehicles.  ;D

AET

Yeah, it would be a great idea that way.  I thought about getting into selling rotary phones, but I don't have the heart to sell them.  They look too pretty in my house.
- Tom

Phonesrfun

I used to chase those trucks through the neighborhood on my bicycle to bum phones and parts from the installers.  That truck looks all too familiar.  Given a coat of olive drab paint, and an old bell system logo (I think that was gold colored), the truck would look like the real McCoy.  I wonder what sort of "Telephone equipment" the seller is talking about being still in the box.

That could be anything from a first aid kit to phones, or maybe a pair of pliers.
-Bill G

Dan/Panther

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

bellsystemproperty

Me too, I can't bear the thought of selling phones. I even think about who will take care of them when I die, since we all know these phones will outlast us all.My friend found a 302 that fell off the phone truck into the gutter when he was a kid, and he still has the 302 and it works like a charm.

Greg G.

The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

bwanna

hummm..muncie indiana....i've got a tow dolly. i show pics after i pick it up ;)
donna

LarryInMichigan

There will be plenty of sanding and polishing to do.  I wonder if there are any old phones or phone parts left in the cargo compartment.

Larry

McHeath

QuoteMaybe a brand new 1949 WE500.
D/P

Yeah, that's probably the location of the last one, and it will sell to a guy in Arizona who chops the truck up for scrap value. :(

Phonesrfun

Speaking of old phone trucks, someone posted this link on the TCI Listserve tonight for a restored phone truck for sale.

http://www.securnshield.ca/telephone/1957BellTelephoneTruck.html

-Bill Geurts
-Bill G

bingster

= DARRIN =