News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Ivory AE80

Started by WEBellSystemChristian, July 12, 2016, 10:27:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WEBellSystemChristian

I have a growing interest in soft plastic type 80s, and when I saw that this had been listed for $10 BiN for a few weeks, I made an offer for $5. They accepted it!

It's dated 8-59, and feels like it's all soft plastic. The dial turns, but it needs a little oiling to get it like new again.

It looks like newspaper ink was somehow transferred to several areas of the housing.

All in all, not a bad deal for $5!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/182054788791
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Kenton K

Nice catch! I bet collection a set of soft AEs would be much harder than we500s. It'll polish up nice!

Kk

HarrySmith

Nice catch Christian! That is a good example of why you should not wrap things in newspaper!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

WEBellSystemChristian

Quote from: HarrySmith on July 12, 2016, 08:14:47 PM
Nice catch Christian! That is a good example of why you should not wrap things in newspaper!
Oh, that's probably how it happened!!

It wasn't even packed tightly, it was loosely wrapped in newspaper, and the handset was unwrapped and jammed between the phone and the edge of the box! Fortunately, AE took time designing their phones; this one is unharmed!
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

compubit

Quote from: WEBellSystemChristian on July 12, 2016, 08:27:33 PM

It wasn't even packed tightly, it was loosely wrapped in newspaper, and the handset was unwrapped and jammed between the phone and the edge of the box! Fortunately, AE took time designing their phones; this one is unharmed!

I've not been so lucky - I've had both AE 80s & 90s arrive damaged... - usually a nice chunk out of the side of the phone...

Jim
A phone phanatic since I was less than 2 (thanks to Fisher Price); collector since a teenager; now able to afford to play!
Favorite Phone: Western Electric Trimline - it just feels right holding it up to my face!