News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

The phone I did'nt buy.

Started by dsk, June 17, 2011, 01:36:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dsk

It may accumulate a large no of phones under this heading, but I want to show this one. It is for sale in a local shop, priced to NOK 800 (= US $ 144) I guess this is negotiable. The hookswitch seems to be injured, I do not know if it is working. :D
dsk

MDK

That's adorable. Is there any way this could be converted to a hookah? :D

Adam

If you converted it to a hookah, then it would be a hookah-switch.

:)
Adam Forrest
Los Angeles Telephone - A proud part of the global C*Net System
C*Net 1-383-4820

Greg G.

Quote from: d_s_k on June 17, 2011, 01:36:53 PM
It may accumulate a large no of phones under this heading, but I want to show this one. It is for sale in a local shop, priced to NOK 800 (= US $ 144) I guess this is negotiable. The hookswitch seems to be injured, I do not know if it is working. :D
dsk

I've seen these 70s POCs from time to time on Craigslist.  They're asking 10 times too much.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

rdelius

You don't want it. They are a pain to repair.Some do have better parts than others.
Robby

paul-f

Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

Bill

It looks like you need 3 hands to use the thing. One to hold the handset, one to hold the tower upright while you dial, and one to dial. I suppose with some practice you can learn to do the first two with one hand. But it is pretty much the opposite of the Bell System's original approach of making the base heavy, and putting nonskid feet on it, so it won't move while you dial.

Bill

Stephen Furley

Quote from: paul-f on June 17, 2011, 07:19:25 PM
It would make a nice lamp.

I was just about to say the same thing!