News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

302 rings once or twice then disconnects.

Started by Greg G., May 09, 2013, 03:48:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg G.

It wasn't ringing at all, so I moved the ringer wire from GND to L1, now it rings once or twice and disconnects.  When I dial it as an extension through my PBX, it'll ring a couple of times then I get a busy signal.  When I dial it from my cell as an normal incoming call, rings once or twice then nothing, no busy signal and my cell just ends the call.  Outgoing calls from it are fine.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

LarryInMichigan

That often, if not usually, means a bad condenser (capacitor). 

Larry

poplar1

Do you have the other ringer wire on K and the capacitor connected to L2Y and K?
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

Greg G.

Quote from: poplar1 on May 09, 2013, 04:57:29 PM
Do you have the other ringer wire on K and the capacitor connected to L2Y and K?

I was checking that when it occurred to me that one of the reasons I take and keep pics of the inner workings of my phones is so I can refer back to them for trouble shooting.  I looked at a pic of one of my other 302s (the one on the right) and discovered it was the yellow line cord wire that was causing the problem.  I moved it over GND and it worked.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e