News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

new 302

Started by southernphoneman, May 11, 2013, 12:13:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

southernphoneman

I have purchased another 302 and can t seem to get it working.i followed the diagram on 302 w/ a 4 wire ringer. it also has a 6 wire hook switch.did final test and it did everything but receive. any advice would be appreciated. thank you

Mr. Bones

Quote from: southernphoneman on May 11, 2013, 12:13:28 PM
I have purchased another 302 and can t seem to get it working.i followed the diagram on 302 w/ a 4 wire ringer. it also has a 6 wire hook switch.did final test and it did everything but receive. any advice would be appreciated. thank you

southernphoneman,

My first thought is that you ought to post some clear pics of how it is wired / equipped, at present.

Congrats on the 'new' 302, and my best regards!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

poplar1

Do you have a 354 wall set to copy? If so, you can wire your 304 like a 354. The only difference is that you would use the GND terminal in place of the E terminal. The slate and slate-red ringer wires are connected together on this spare terminal, so that the ringer acts like a 2-wire ringer. If using the GND terminal for these 2 ringer wires, you won't need the yellow line cord wire.

Here is the link to BSP63.433 (354 connections):

http://telephonecollectors.info/index.php/document-repository/doc_details/3493-c63-433-i1-354-type-wall-set-connections

Be sure that no wires are connected to M on the 101B induction coil.

Thanks to TCI and remco-e.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

poplar1

Here's a wiring diagram of a 354 from Bill. It's easier to follow. Again, use GND in place of E in the 304 desk phone.

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=5172.0

Thanks Bill and Dennis.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.