News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

What runs a WE 2565? -> 1A2 Key System

Started by rtp129495, January 30, 2012, 05:14:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rtp129495

Anyone ever get a phone PBX working for the WE 2565 Phones? The ones that light up and have three lines and 1 com line and I forgot what the 5th button is for. I see these phones on e-bay all the time and I have one that i took the big fat wire off of years ago that I lost. Was just curious what's involved with those? I have my 2565 for about 15 years, it was given to me in the 90s. I use it right now with a regular modular cord but there obviously no lights lighting up on it.

Russ Kirk

The 2565 needs a 1A2 key system to run the full features.  There are small "shoebox" systems to as large as you can imagine.  on a typical 6 button set the first button is for hold,  2-5 can be for either com lines or dial tone lines.   Look for a shoebox on eBay might be a good bet.  but you'll need a lot more info to hook it up.
- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

rtp129495

This the smallest they offer? I found it on ebay!

http://tinyurl.com/73owyer

AE_Collector

That will work your 2565 but it isn't the smallest one available. A "shoebox" has only 4 line card capacity where as the one you found on ebaY has 8 line cards. All 1A2 type phones are compatible with all types of 1A2 (or AE's 10A2) keys system panels.

I always refer to this as AKT (Automatic Key Telephone - an AE term) as opposed to newer Electronic Key telephone systems (EKT). AKT is completely compatible between differnt brands where as EKT is completely in-compatible between brands.

Other AKT phones include 630 Call Directors, 545, 565, 2564, 2565, AE's 86 & 186, Northern's Logic 6, 10 & 20 etc...

A Shoebox system currently on ebaY:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/110816429512

Terry

rtp129495

darnit an auction, I always stink at auctions!, but thanks for the info. I dont know the chances becuase every time ive bid on items in past I was always outbid. I do like that 4 line shoebox thou, its perfect for what I have in mind!!! Western electric sure had it right!