News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

List of Pulse Dialing Capable ATAs and Hardware.

Started by dc4code, May 03, 2018, 12:47:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babybearjs

My Grandstream HT-701 won't support rotary dialing. works fine on TT but on any rotary extension, it won't dial out. it keeps crashing or I get an error message. all my phone except for my office phone are rotary... any idea on what I should do? other then changing over to TT...
John

andy1702

Quote from: Babybearjs on May 20, 2019, 11:33:52 PM
My Grandstream HT-701 won't support rotary dialing. works fine on TT but on any rotary extension, it won't dial out. it keeps crashing or I get an error message. all my phone except for my office phone are rotary... any idea on what I should do? other then changing over to TT...

The HT 701 should work as far as I'm aware. I've got a HT502 working here with no issues. The only problem I've had was with the make/break ratio of some British dials, as I explained further up this thread. Try adjusting that and your ATA might start accepting pulses.
Call me on C*net 0246 81 290 from the UK
or (+44) 246 81 290 from the rest of the world.

For telephone videos search Andys Shed on Youtube.

shadowcaster

Grandstream HT-801 and HT-812 work very well with pulse dialing. Please add them to the list.
They support tone from pulse "overdial", so they are actually sending tone events on pulse dials during call. IVR works.
They support neon message waiting indicator. They will pulse neon lamp with about 1s on/off cadence, pushing about 90V DC. Successfully tested with normal and colored neon lamp.

HT-801 pros:
powered by microusb cable, which is neat.
have rudimentary line diagnostics in firmware
as cheap as it gets for single FXS with pulse dial capability
HT-801 cons:
line makes annoying pop sound when goes off-hook or during pulse dialing

HT-812 pros:
dual gigabit ports
nice sound quality
dual FXS port
HT-812 cons:
cadence/tone settings are common for both ports (cannot be set separately, as other settings)
no line diagnostics in firmware - replaced with basic call accounting
basic 12v power supply

rand0m

Found a great video on how to configure Grandstream HT-801 ATA to work with pulse dialing

ack41

Big fan of the Grandstream HT801/802.  But I recently setup a Cisco VG202 and a VG204.  The signaling and sound quality are true carrier grade.  Unlike most Cisco gear these DO NOT have a fan so they can go anywhere.  You will have to CLI into the Cisco IOS to set it up with your SIP carrier or just have it dial and ring to another port.

dsk

Anybody here who knows witch ATA's who recognice touch tone A, B, C and D?   (Equals FO, F, I, and P on Autovon pads) 

ka1axy

Quote from: Babybearjs on May 20, 2019, 11:33:52 PMMy Grandstream HT-701 won't support rotary dialing. works fine on TT but on any rotary extension, it won't dial out. it keeps crashing or I get an error message. all my phone except for my office phone are rotary... any idea on what I should do? other then changing over to TT...

My HT802 needed a firmware update before the option to support pulse dialling appeared. It's in the web interface under the "FXS Port#" tab as "Enable Pulse Dialing" and it's defaulted to "OFF"

Ralf

You might consider adding the Grandstream HT-818 (8-port FXS) to your list of ATAs that support rotary/pulse dialing, as it has been successfully tested. I'm using an HT-818 with my WE302 and WE500 phones, and it provides in-call pulse to DTMF conversion, enabling the use of certain IVRs and DISAs. However, I'm still figuring out how to send the '#' or '*' characters.

My HT-818 is equipped with firmware version 1.49.2 and is happily serving dialtone to my classic rotary phones.

--
Ralf