News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Recent posts

General Discussion / Re: 12-button Princess® with ...
Last post by TelePlay - Yesterday at 03:00:41 PM
Quote from: RDPipes on Yesterday at 08:03:59 AMFrom what I can see you are attempting to post a photo but, obviously not correctly.

No, the AOL gibberish is html code linking to an image on some AOL hosting site, the external image URL.

The "img" and "https" html codes below were disabled by inserting spaces in the codes, so the code could be seen and not executed.

After linking the external image, it showed up to him in the topic so then he went into the external site and removed the image. That also removed the linked image on the forum.

In no way did he try to attach an image to his reply.

If I were to take a guess, I would say the image file name on the external site was "1613723307."

Your instructions for attaching an image are spot on. He was trying to insert an external image, not attach it. Code doesn't lie.

=====

[i mg]htt ps://dl-mail.aolmail.com/ws/download/mailboxes/@.id==VjN-RJpyqKWHLiq_SpSgl7P_8aNjVpYZ9FlaZKRSEXq0btEmZiSTaTBB8-sUgUQC4AElAGt8i-JIvRM460VJp2jA-Q/messages/@.id==APB9OVh5ZtjQZgLMJwKQQBM9X_4/content/parts/@.id==2/raw?appid=AolMailNorrin&ymreqid=d41d8cd9-8f00-b204-1c1c-e401dc019f00&token=WvQxxoQuqEiDZtYgz7FiOXzTOMvenXmIts00T4PTOtl_wGExEoydalEx33vohW1VL_ClXjnBKLnKhSknICjxFSZmJJNpMEHz6xSBRALgASUAa3yL4ki9EzjrRUmnaMD5&error=https%3A%2F%2Fmail.aol.com%2Fd%2Fiframemsg%3Fid%3Ddownload-1613723307[/i mg]

The "img" and "/img" codes begin and end the html instruction to insert an image within text.

The "https" is the beginning of the URL address where to image to be inserted can be found (anywhere it may exist on the interweb).
Last post by RDPipes - Yesterday at 08:03:59 AM
Quote from: Robert Gift on March 26, 2024, 11:56:45 AMAnother attemptest.

From what I can see you are attempting to post a photo but, obviously not correctly.
Just below the posting area you should see "Click or drag files here to attach them."
A lot of times it won't show up so what I do is just hit "Preview" in the bottom right hand corner and then it pops up. Just click on it and away ya go. Easy Peasey Japanesey!
If your doing this from a phone I can't help ya. I say this because it looks like your using a AOL mail for something or other and a whole lot of gibberish.
Last post by poplar1 - March 28, 2024, 10:10:07 PM
Most existing 2500Ds and 2702Bs were converted to modular when returned to the Service Center after 1975. In Maryland and Illinois, even 10-button sets were reissued with modular connectors.

The monthly charge for Touch-Tone was $2.00 per month per residential line here in Atlanta in 1972. Also, the $7.50 one-time charge for a color set was waived.

If your line was from a #5 Crossbar Central Office, Touch-Tone phones worked even if you didn't pay extra for Touch-Tone.
Last post by MMikeJBenN27 - March 28, 2024, 05:09:30 PM
After an initial burst, hard-wired Touch Tone phones were not common due to the fact that you had to pay extra for Touch Tone service - $10.00 per month in my neck of the woods - when the typical phone bill was about $30.00 if that.  Modular came out in the mid 70s, and in about 1980, the extra charge for Touch Tone was reduced to just $1.00.  EVERYBODY then wanted it.  That's why it seems like 12 button Touch Tone phones were all modular.

Mike
Phone Booths / Re: I brought home a nice West...
Last post by MMikeJBenN27 - March 27, 2024, 08:50:47 PM
What a find!

Mike
All Other Pay Telephones / Re: Converting an Intellicall ...
Last post by MaximRecoil - March 27, 2024, 05:27:27 PM
Quote from: 5415551212 on March 24, 2024, 10:00:48 PMVery cool project, thanks for sharing.

Thanks.

I made a bracket out of sheet metal to mount the tone-generating PCB and the network to. I attached the bracket to the upper housing with 4 machine screws that were already there, so I didn't have to make any modifications to the payphone. For that matter, I haven't made any actual modifications to the payphone at all, nor do I intend to, so this conversion is completely reversible.

I also ditched the annoying ITT network and replaced it with a Western Electric 425 network, which I like a lot better because it's potted and has nice screw terminals. The ITT network's tightly packed QD terminals are a pain when it comes to inserting and removing the spades, because other already-connected spades get in the way of your fingers. A lot of times I have to use tweezers.

A lot of the current wiring that I did is temporary. I ordered some 22-gauge wire (the biggest gauge you can use with typical phone spades and DuPont connectors) and when it arrives I'm going to replace all the wiring and connectors from the hookswitch, "ringer," and keypad-to-tone-generating-PCB. I like bigger gauge wires even when the amperage of the circuits isn't enough to require them, just for the sake of durability (less likely to break right at the connector when doing wiring). When I'm done the wiring will look neater too.
General Discussion / Re: Anybody know where I can f...
Last post by poplar1 - March 27, 2024, 02:18:25 PM
Quote from: Robert Gift on March 27, 2024, 01:28:35 PMIs Trimline™ bell same as Princess® bell?

1963-1980 Princess has M1A ringer.
1981-1986(?) Princess has P-type Trimline ringer.
Phone Booths / Re: I brought home a nice West...
Last post by ChrisW6ATV - March 27, 2024, 01:58:06 PM
Thank you for posting that direct link, Paul.
General Discussion / Re: Anybody know where I can f...
Last post by Robert Gift - March 27, 2024, 01:28:35 PM
Is Trimline™ bell same as Princess® bell?

Wife packed the Trimline telephone so I cannot compare.
Thank you.