"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

1968 500 Telephone-Post Restoration

Started by WesternElectricBen, April 14, 2013, 02:26:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WesternElectricBen

Hello everybody!

I wanted to share with you my new "daily dialer." I bought this off ebay for 10 dollars looking like it was all clean and ready to use, though it ended being a simple restoration. LOTS of novus 1 and 2, a little bit of 3. Also, cord work, and a new custom dial center. Oiling the dial was a must, It came with a long white line cord so I cleaned it because I wanted to keep it so I could walk around the room while on the same phone. Hope you like it, tell me what you think.

I also made a YouTube video you can view: http://goo.gl/o8AKo

Ben

Pictures posted:

southernphoneman

Quote from: WesternElectricBen on April 14, 2013, 02:26:46 PM
Hello everybody!

I wanted to share with you my new "daily dialer." I bought this off ebay for 10 dollars looking like it was all clean and ready to use, though it ended being a simple restoration. LOTS of novus 1 and 2, a little bit of 3. Also, cord work, and a new custom dial center. I cleaned the long white line cord because I wanted to keep it so I could walk around the room while on the same phone. Hope you like it, tell me what you think.

Ben

Pictures posted:
hi ben, nice phone, nice work and good job on what you did to it, and I like the center dial card.

WesternElectricBen

Quote from: southernphoneman on April 14, 2013, 02:29:10 PM
Quote from: WesternElectricBen on April 14, 2013, 02:26:46 PM
Hello everybody!

I wanted to share with you my new "daily dialer." I bought this off ebay for 10 dollars looking like it was all clean and ready to use, though it ended being a simple restoration. LOTS of novus 1 and 2, a little bit of 3. Also, cord work, and a new custom dial center. I cleaned the long white line cord because I wanted to keep it so I could walk around the room while on the same phone. Hope you like it, tell me what you think.

Ben

Pictures posted:
hi ben, nice phone, nice work and good job on what you did to it, and I like the center dial card.

Thank you! I really like the dial cards too, they add a perfect finish touch.
Ben

Mr. Bones

Ben,

Looks like both another great buy, and another great restoration, on your part!

I hope that you enjoy you new 500! Ring me up sometime, you're welcome to PM me for the number...

Best regards, and enjoy the remainder of the weekend!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

WesternElectricBen

Quote from: Mr. Bones on April 14, 2013, 03:08:27 PM
Ben,

Looks like both another great buy, and another great restoration, on your part!

I hope that you enjoy you new 500! Ring me up sometime, you're welcome to PM me for the number...

Best regards, and enjoy the remainder of the weekend!

Thank you Mr Bones!

I sure will want to talk to you sometime in the future!

Ben

John S

HarrySmith

Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

WesternElectricBen