News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

A300 Design Line Roll-top

Started by Phonesrfun, May 28, 2013, 12:13:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phonesrfun

While out of town over the Memorial Day week-end I found a Contempra Design Line A300 roll top at an antique store.  I almost missed it.  My wife pointed it out on a shelf behind the cash register when we were leaving.  $28.00....Not bad, considering the retractable cord is in pretty decent shape.  I would make it a daily driver, except that I don't want to screw up the cord.

(Note)  I had originally mistakenly called this a Contempra  -Bill

-Bill G

AE_Collector

Never seen one like that. Is it officially called Contempra?

When I read the title Contempra I thought Northern Electric/Telecom but nothing there looks Nortel to me.

There are a surprising number of different models of phones in wooden boxes aren't there!

Terry

Phonesrfun

The use of the word Contempra was an assumption on my part.  The only defining thing on the bottom is a sticker from Mountain Bell saying that it was sold on 6-18 (no year mentioned) and that the model (handwritten on the store label is "TmLt"  A Western Electric serial number label that says Serial # H668412 CS set.  There is a small barely legible additional label that says CS2833AG300 and then has some illegible numbers.

I think now would be a good time for me to check Paul F's site and see if there is a match for the model, and if it is not a Contempra, I can change my title.
-Bill G

AE_Collector

It sounds WECo so it probably isn't going to be hard to find out what it is. Just because NT has a Contempra model  doesn't mean that this can't be a WECo Contempra.

Terry

Phonesrfun

I should have checked Paul-F's website before posting.  It is a Design Line A300.  I made changes to my original post.  Thanks for questioning it, Terry.
-Bill G

Jim Stettler

I think they called them a roll-top stow away at the phone center stores.
Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

LM Ericsson

Regards,
-Grayson