News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

multiline sets

Started by Babybearjs, March 20, 2020, 02:36:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babybearjs

I'm starting to see a spike in multiline sets available on EBAY... is it just my imagination, or are these in abundance! I have 6 more added to my collection.... and I'm done with them now... how about you all..?????
John

RB

I don't collect those, so can't say much about them.
Lots of company's are goin to voip now, so kind of makes sense.

I have a few in my collection. I also have a green 564 not shown.

I would add another multi line to my collection, but it would have to be something special.

RB

Quote from: Duffy on March 20, 2020, 06:11:50 AM
I have a few in my collection. I also have a green 564 not shown.

I would add another multi line to my collection, but it would have to be something special.
My small collection is similar, Duffy, most of my rotary phones are just plain black.
I too would like to add some color, and something different!

Quote from: RB on March 20, 2020, 08:22:34 AM
My small collection is similar, Duffy, most of my rotary phones are just plain black.
I too would like to add some color, and something different!

I also have a modern one. It's a clear Avaya J139 engineering sample. If it wasn't what it is, I wouldn't own it otherwise.

Key2871

John, I've been watching the market on the bay for some time. I have noticed they come in waves, there's always some available but then many more come and at times are reasonable prices, where others still are quite expensive.
The higher prices as of late seem to be NOS.
KEN

Babybearjs

these sets are fun to mess with... I have been able to utilize the features to outside of the phones themselves. adding 24 volt relays to space heaters and AC units and tying thermoistats to them and being able to tie them into the phone wiring has really been a blessing. since I don't use a speaker-phone system, there is extra wiring avalable for different things... If I need to, I could probibly even add a security system to the house and use some of the wiring for that too! but for now, it looks like I'm pretty tapped out. I can add signalling keys and thats about as har as my system will allow me to expand without having to add more wiring....
John