News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

what are mini sets?

Started by RB, March 20, 2020, 03:44:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RB

I was lookin on Paul's sight about trimlines, and princess phones, and saw a spot that said phones had mini sets, and keychains produced at about the same time.
wutz the deal with mini sets?
were they working mini's? or just displays? I have never seen one ???

phonium

I think they were salesman samples
George Amores
ATCA#4857

Jim Stettler

There were salesman samples, promo keychains and "unwrappers" (telephone gift including service)
They made white princess and trimline unwrappers.
They made at least 2 styles of princess keychains (the early one is cooler) and they made trimline keychains and a color set of 500 keychains. I think the 500's came in early colors and the second round of colors.
They had mini 500's that were color examples. Many of these were made into penholders thru Junior Achievement.

You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Jim Stettler

You live, You learn,

HarrySmith

Here is another thread which includes pictures of my set. It took a while to get all the colors.

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=3612.0
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Here are 3 Princess samples plus a keychain from my collection.

Sorry, there's some glare from the light in the ceiling. I adjusted the pictures as best I could.

Stormcrash

I don't know if they fall into a different category, but at the Connections Museum in Seattle we have a few miniature phones that serve as piggy banks. One of the Princess ones has script that says "saving for my princess"* on it

*I can't remember the exact wording and the museum is fully shut down right now

Jim Stettler

Quote from: Stormcrash on March 21, 2020, 01:44:19 PM
I don't know if they fall into a different category, but at the Connections Museum in Seattle we have a few miniature phones that serve as piggy banks. One of the Princess ones has script that says "saving for my princess"* on it

It fits the subject to me. A catch-all description could be mini promo sets.
Just a thought
Jim
You live, You learn,

paul-f

Quote from: Stormcrash on March 21, 2020, 01:44:19 PM

Posted several photos of a ceramic bank with text "Saving for my Princess Telephone" in this topic:
http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=3612.msg236532#msg236532
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line