News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Most favorite (and least favorite) WE colors

Started by HobieSport, May 09, 2009, 03:02:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What are our most favorite and least favorite WE colors?

-03 Black          '50
-50 Ivory          '53
-51 Moss Green '53
-52 Oxford Gray '53
-53 Cherry Red  '53
-53 Brown         '54
-55 Rose Biege  '54
-56 Pastel Yellw '54
-57 Med Blue     '54
-58 White        '57
-59 Rose Pink   '57
-60 Light Biege '57
-61 Light Grey  '57
-62 Aqua Blue   '57
-64 Turquoise    '64

HobieSport

Only one vote per member for one favorite color, but the vote can be changed later by the voter. Results can only be viewed by voters. Black and white colors included.

Maybe post a little bit about why we like a particular color, and why another particular color is our least favorite.

The year numbers listed are simply the years that the colors were first introduced, but we are not voting for any particular year of phone, nor are we voting for any color because it is more valuable on the market. Simply for personal color preference.

Special thanks to Bingster for the nifty WE color chart. :)

McHeath

I love all things aqua blue.  (or sky blue, or baby blue, or whatever you want to call it)  However, I must say that this pink 500 is growing to be a fav, it certainly has a charm about it. 

And my most expensive phones to date are these two colors, the WE aqua 1500 and the WE pink 500.

HobieSport

I voted Mediterranean Blue but I also really love the Aqua Blue.
Light Beige is my least favorite just because it seems that there is no there there.

Dan

I went with the rose beige because  I love the white numbers on the rose dial. When they switched the color to light beige, they made the numbers black. Plus they are rare and not quite pink.
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

Tonyrotary

I also voted for mediterranean blue but the aqua blue is also very nice. Blue is my favorite color.

bingster

I voted for pink.  A while ago, I wouldn't have thought that I would call it a favorite, but there's something about the color that really grows on you.  It's quite striking in person.
= DARRIN =

Dennis Markham

My least favorite is -51...Moss Green.  I just cannot get excited about the green ones.

Dan

My least favorite is  Brown. I know they are rare, but ITT, Str.- Carls., and others make them, (not quite Mahogany Brown)  and brown is just boring.
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

HobieSport

Quote from: Dennis Markham
My least favorite is -51...Moss Green.  I just cannot get excited about the green ones.

Yeah, I wish they had made a  richer, deep green, like the Jade Green in the AE 34s, 40s and 50s.  I would have also liked to see an even deeper blue than Med. Blue and a nice deep maroon.  I like the darker colors because they reflect light more.

Dan/Panther

I voted Pink. Just something about that color that gets more comments than any other.
Least favorite would have to be Brown.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

foots

I voted black - that's the color that brings back the most memories. Brown is my least favorite color, I just don't like it. That being said, I really like most all of the colors listed including the Moss Green and yellow - the yellow reminding me of my grandparents' wall phone.
"Ain't Worryin' 'Bout Nothin"

McHeath

Oddly enough, even the brown and beige appeal to me, though they are not my favs.  The lime green and flaming orange are fun colors, and black is always classy looking.

Never seen a Med blue in person. 

phoneguy06

Actually, my favourite colour happens to be seafoam green, a colour manufactured by ITT.

AET

I can't pick an absolute favorite.  But I went with Aqua because it's my favorite today haha.  I'm also big on Harvest Gold and Moss Green.  I really love all colors of all the phones, it makes the collection more diverse. 

And ironically, the one getting bashed here, Brown, is my favorite phone.  My Brown SC is one of my daily drivers, and I use it more than any phone I have.  It's very clean, mechanisms are like new and the sound's great, and the color is very classy I think.
- Tom

Dan

Quote from: HobieSport on May 10, 2009, 01:04:50 AM
Wow the Brown is really getting a pounding here. :D
What is the difference between the Brown and Mahogany and when was Mahogany introduced?  Is it rare?

Copied Dennis' picture of a Mahogany brown for you (I don't think he'll mind). It's a different shade--Deeper, almost like melted Hershey Bars (a little purple mixed with brown)

http://tinyurl.com/pp538u   Mahogany

http://tinyurl.com/qxqgee    Brown ITT

Actually, it was only made from '54 to  '57, on multiline phones a few years after 57