News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

I fold...

Started by Greg G., September 27, 2009, 03:41:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg G.

Nice phone, but I try to stick to the lower end, but still collectible, stuff.  I folded after it got over $55 with shipping.  I was certain it would go way up, but it was fun trying.

WE Type C Space Saver with E-1 Handset
http://tinyurl.com/y8zgtny
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

bingster

C-mounts do tend to go for a bit of money, but keep at it--the ending price of this one is very high, and if you keep an eye out, you can find one for less.
= DARRIN =

Jester

I bought my C mount from a local antique store nearly 15 years ago for $65.00.  Its basic condition was exactly like the one in this auction.  I remember bidding on a couple more years ago--the starting bid is usually reasonable, but they never seem to stay there.
Stephen

LarryInMichigan

I just found this thread which is almost exactly two years old.  I just bought a WE C1/E1 on-line for $71.50 incl shipping.  After reading this thread, I think that I may have gotten a good deal.

Larry

Greg G.

I have one now, but with an F1 handset.  Can't remember how much I paid, but it couldn't have been a lot.  

The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

LarryInMichigan

Briny,

Yours is a G1.  I have one of those also which I bought, with a subset, a while back on ebay from a local seller for $51 or so and picked up from his house.  The C1s are apparently far less common.

Larry

Greg G.

Quote from: LarryInMichigan on September 28, 2011, 03:08:25 PM
Briny,

Yours is a G1.  I have one of those also which I bought, with a subset, a while back on ebay from a local seller for $51 or so and picked up from his house.  The C1s are apparently far less common.

Larry

Yeah, I found the thread I posted when I got this, your right, mine is actually a "G" mount.  What exactly is the difference, other than the handset?

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=2020.0
- Mike Row
e

LarryInMichigan

QuoteWhat exactly is the difference, other than the handset?

As far as I can see, they are completely different mounts.

Larry

Wallphone

Brinybay, I attached two pics comparing the G1 with the C1. The C1 body is rectangular.
Doug Pav

Wallphone

Sorry the pics are a little on the dark side, I need to get more candles. If they were any darker they would be ready for Prime Time on an eBay auction. ;D
Doug Pav

LarryInMichigan

Quote from: Wallphone on September 28, 2011, 05:26:09 PM
Sorry the pics are a little on the dark side, I need to get more candles. If they were any darker they would be ready for Prime Time on an eBay auction. ;D
Doug Pav

Doug,

The pictures are a bit too clear.  Can you make them blurrier :D

Larry

Kenny C

I picked a 1941 G1 locally for 30.00. I need the wall bracket. If anyone has one please LMK
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

Dennis Markham

Greg G.

Hmm, seems there are backboards for these too.  These pics were in my folder with pics of my G1, but it didn't come with my G1, I must have found the pics on ebay.
- Mike Row
e