News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

I stopped counting at one hundred!

Started by MagicMo, March 29, 2013, 07:16:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zaphod01

I have one on a 1952 I bought recently. There's something that makes it look 'modern' to me. I guess I'm a true child of the fifties!

Good luck with your sorting. It is an amazing legacy.
"Things are never so bad they can't be made worse." - Humphrey Bogart

MagicMo

I found these this morning in the eves of the garage! All except one yellow and one green is WE. The green is Stromberg and the yellow is ITT.  :o
Mo
Practice Kindness :)

AE_Collector

Yeah it was more than just keeping stuff that your dad worked with directly. He also wanted one of each model of telephone and in each color available (like everyone else here on CRPF) and he wanted phones from the other manufacturers as well as WECo. Too bad he hadn't been a member here.

Terry

MagicMo

Quote from: AE_Collector on April 13, 2013, 06:43:58 PM
Yeah it was more than just keeping stuff that your dad worked with directly. He also wanted one of each model of telephone and in each color available (like everyone else here on CRPF) and he wanted phones from the other manufacturers as well as WECo. Too bad he hadn't been a member here.

Terry

I can see how these guys start to multiply! I love the red 500 (D2M) not sure what the D2M means but the bottom says it is from 11-59. Shouldn't that be hardwired? The black 500 (C/D) on the left is is beautiful condition, what does C/D mean? it is form 6-64.
Thanks
Mo

DavePEI

Quote from: MagicMo on April 13, 2013, 06:22:07 PM
I found these this morning in the eves of the garage! All except one yellow and one green is WE. The green is Stromberg and the yellow is ITT.  :o
Mo
<G> I wonder how many other hiding places he had :) Maybe you will find that other Picturephone yet!

Dave
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

MagicMo

Quote from: DavePEI on April 13, 2013, 07:12:51 PM
I found these this morning in the eves of the garage! All except one yellow and one green is WE. The green is Stromberg and the yellow is ITT.  :o
Mo
<G> I wonder how many other hiding places he had :) Maybe you will find that other Picturephone yet!

Dave

I was thinking the same thing today....LOL. I still have not gone through everything yet. I'm sure there are more surprises to come. I'm sure I've told everyone before but he collected more than just telephones. Today I uncovered a collection of old vintage fans. I am actually going to take a leave of absence from work beginning next month to work on the house. I put in at least a month of full time work on it already. Luckily for all those collectors out there he just could not get rid of anything.
Mo

WesternElectricBen

You shall show some pictures of where he hides the phones, in their natural habitat.

Ben

paul-f

Quote from: MagicMo on April 13, 2013, 07:06:49 PM

I love the red 500 (D2M) not sure what the D2M means but the bottom says it is from 11-59. Shouldn't that be hardwired? The black 500 (C/D) on the left is is beautiful condition, what does C/D mean? it is form 6-64.

Mo,  There's some background info on the format of the model number stampings on the bottom of the phones here:

http://www.paul-f.com/we500typ.htm#Key

Both codes are for inventory management, and indicate how the set was made or stocked.

Briefly, the C/D indicates a manual set is a 500C and a dial set is a 500D.  One base came off the production line and the set became a C or D depending on whether a dial was added in final assembly and packing.

D2M tells us the dial base (D) is modular (M) and was originally stocked as a separate component until it reached the field (2).  The installer added the color kit (housing, dial plate), handset and cords to make it a complete phone. 

You can read more in the BSPs by searching for "D2M" in the TCI Library.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

DavePEI

I found these this morning in the eves of the garage! All except one yellow and one green is WE. The green is Stromberg and the yellow is ITT.  :o
Mo
Next step will be to do an archaeological dig of the back yard! Goodness knows how many he hid there  :)

Dave
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001