News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Princess rotary phone dial cleaning....

Started by AE40FAN, June 21, 2012, 03:16:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AE40FAN

Not sure if there is anyone in this forum who has worked on princess phones but mine is in rough shape!  It is very dirty and I am doing my best to clean it.  Problem is with the plastic dial plate.  I was able to remove the finger wheel to clean everything but I am now noticing that there is dirt trapped beneath the clear plastic dial number plate?  I have no clue how I can remove it to clean underneath it?  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone.

jsowers

I searched for and found where I wrote this before, so here you go...

To get the number ring off, there's a small circular metal ring that has three "fingers" that seat under three metal clips on the dial. You use a flatblade screwdriver and push the ring counter-clockwise (I think) so it comes loose.

Don't use anything really powerful to clean that clear plastic piece or it might make the plastic cloudy. Just mild soap and water. If you can clean the fingerwheel with an old toothbrush and some hand soap, use the same thing to clean the number ring. Then dry it with a soft cloth or paper towel and it should look a lot better. There should also be a white plastic ring under the number ring and you can clean that too, or turn it over if it's stained or faded.

Hope that helps you out.
Jonathan

AE40FAN