News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Let it Snow...Let it Snow....Let it Snow ( and other weather events )

Started by Doug Rose, February 09, 2013, 08:34:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

19and41

Those are definitely deadly icicles in the picture.  I haven't seen such snow since I worked in the mountains in Utah.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

Doug Rose

We got our second Nor'easter in a week.  Foot of heavy snow. Tree limbs down everywhere. Lost power at 2AM. 60 inside feels cold. Other than that, life is ducky....Doug

Kidphone

twocvbloke

We had a cold spell last week dubbed "The Beast from the East", also called "The Big Freeze" by the rags (forgetting that 1963 was a far, far bigger big freeze for the UK!!), we got about a foot of snow here, but no power loss, no internet failure, nothing bad really, well, there was the fact that the doom merchants scared people into clearing the shelves of supermarkets (mostly Milk, Bread, veg and meat), so couldn't get any milk for a few days, but once that started coming back in, no issues really... :)

Unfortunately for me, I've had a slipped disc in my spine for the past 4 weeks, so couldn't enjoy the snow as I'd hoped to, so, missed out on it, aside form attempting to shovel a path out in the yard, got it done, but holy heck my back was in agony afterwards... :(

Doug Rose

Still no power.  I reversed my generator from the deck electrical. Furnace was on the correct side. Went from 55 degrees to 70. Forced hot water got a great hot shower as well.  Killed main power in case power does come back on and generator is running. I just has to make a male male plug.

Not bad for a one legged fat man
Kidphone

twocvbloke

Here in the UK back-feeding a generator into the house is highly illegal, mostly because there are people who forget to turn the power off and end up powering the neighbourhood, sending power back up through the distribution transformers and then shocking the poor sods trying to work on the lines to restore power, it's advisable to fit a generator changeover switch and have the power fed into the house's wiring as a 2nd input feed, just to be safe... :)

Doug Rose

Third Nor'easter in two weeks is heading toward Boston tomorrow. We just got our power back :'(.  We will survive.

Harry...cheer me up, how's the weather in Fla...Doug
Kidphone

Babybearjs

Finally Clear here..... no more snow, or even rain today.... spring starts in a week and a half....I'm ready! still chilly in the morning though....
John

19and41

It's in the 50's here, the trees are in bloom and the leaves are coming on.
— Arthur C. Clarke

dsk

It is snowing, and we have -3 deg C here.

The picture is just showing how the snow limits the view.

dsk

HarrySmith

Hot & sunny yesterday, almost 90 degrees. Supposed to be a cold front coming today, delivering another Noreaster on the north end and we are supposed to be down to the 50's! BRRRRR
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Doug Rose

Kidphone

jsowers

Here in NC we have light snow falling with about an inch on the ground and the weeping cherry trees are blooming and the hyacinths are up. They say it could be up to five inches, but it's one degree above freezing and it's not accumulating on the roads yet, thank goodness. The folks in the southern part of my county are just getting rain.

Doug, it's on its way straight to Boston, according to the folks at the Weather Channel. So you and my cherry trees can both weep.  :'(  I hope your power stays on. At least you're prepared.
Jonathan

dsk

No storm here, at least but it is a job to get the snow away.
The road has been pretty narrow.
I did put up a ladder as reference of how it looks.

dsk

19and41

Is that where your mailboxes located?  The fringes look familiar.   ;D
— Arthur C. Clarke

Doug Rose

Quote from: jsowers on March 12, 2018, 11:46:35 AM
Here in NC we have light snow falling with about an inch on the ground and the weeping cherry trees are blooming and the hyacinths are up. They say it could be up to five inches, but it's one degree above freezing and it's not accumulating on the roads yet, thank goodness. The folks in the southern part of my county are just getting rain.

Doug, it's on its way straight to Boston, according to the folks at the Weather Channel. So you and my cherry trees can both weep.  :'(  I hope your power stays on. At least you're prepared.
Quote from: jsowers on March 12, 2018, 11:46:35 AM

thanks Jonathan....getting like Groundhogs Day....Doug
Kidphone