"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Very Cool-Stromberg Carlson Intercom-Never Installed-Original Packing

Started by John S, October 18, 2013, 05:37:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John S

Hello,

Here is a very cool piece of history.  I bought this Stromberg Carlson at a estate sale for 2 bucks.  I don't think it was ever installed.  I have the original box, instructions and paperwork.  Some of the packaging has never been open.  Its a cool phone.  The more I play with it, the more I get attached to it.  I think I will display it, but want to keep all the paper work with it.  Its not a rare phone, but I think with all the paperwork its really makes it more valuable.  Here are the pictures....

John

John S

More pics...

WesternElectricBen

Its dirty, but the case looks to be in good shape showing its never been used. Though you never know. It could be one of those things in a room where it wouldn't be used much. Like a basement.

Ben

rdelius

Those diagrams should be scanned. Lots of intercom sets out there but not much technical information.I think SC intercoms are based om WE diagrams and designs and were also sold as Greybar.

G-Man

Even though these systems are well documented it would not hurt to scan your documentation.
Here is one of several documents regarding these systems residing in the TCI Library:

Doug Rose

John...very nice find. Its doesn't get any better than new old stock! You can't beat the price either.....Doug
Kidphone

John S

Thank you everybody!

I will keep it and display it on my wall.  I will frame the paperwork and hang it near the phone itself.  I will send pictures once I hang it up.  Its really a cool piece.....

John

Contempra

Considering that this phone is very old , probaly never used , nice find.;)