"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Seattle Phone Show (May 30 2015)

Started by Phonesrfun, March 13, 2015, 02:14:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phonesrfun

It's that time again!

Announcing the 2015 Seattle phone show and sale.  See the attached flyer.  Same place as last year:

Saturday, May 30th

Phinney Neighborhood Association – Community Hall
6615 Dayton Avenue North
Seattle, WA  98103

Table fee is $10.00 payable in advance, and general admission is $5.00 per person at the door.  (Table fee gets you one paid general admission)

If you know of anyone who you think would be interested in attending, please feel free to forward this on.  Also, if you know of any inexpensive or free opportunities to advertise this event to the general public, please let me know!  One thing we need is a lot of general public attendees.

PS:  For those individuals whose emails I have, I have sent this out in email form.  If you want to be on the email list for the Seattle show and did not get an announcement via email, please send me a request and I will add you to the email list.  My email is:

billgeurts@gmail.com

-Bill G

mrbugsir

What all happens at this show? I have never been to one and have missed this show the last couple of years (NOT a morning person). How long does it take to see all there is to see?

Phonesrfun

It's a half-day show that does start at 8:00 and finishes up just after noon.  People will be there from as far North as cities in British Columbia, as far south as (potentially) California, and as far east as Idaho.  We usually do get at least a couple from California at any given show, and this year three Californians have expressed interest.

Some collectors choose to set up display tables purely for the purpose of displaying their phones or a particular theme.  Others set up tables for buying/selling/trading.  Still, others come just to be there, or to buy, or to chat with folks they haven't seen since the last show..

S, it is a combination of a social event for collectors and a flea market too. 
-Bill G

Greg G.

Quote from: mrbugsir on March 23, 2015, 02:20:59 AM
What all happens at this show? I have never been to one and have missed this show the last couple of years (NOT a morning person). How long does it take to see all there is to see?

We have a pretty good time!
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Phonesrfun

Should we tell them that what happens at the Seattle show stays at the Seattle show?

OK, nah, not quite like Las Vegas.

-Bill G

WEBellSystemChristian

Oh, the Irony (smartphones at an Antique Phone Show, if that's that I think that is)!
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Phonesrfun

Well, you can't take a picture with a candlestick!
-Bill G

Phonesrfun

A reminder.  We are only a month away from the 2015 Seattle phone show. 

Click here to see the announcement: http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=13922.msg145532#msg145532

Hope to see you there!
-Bill G

Phonesrfun

Update:  We are now less than a week away from the 2015 Seattle phone show. 

Click here to see the announcement: http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=13922.msg145532#msg145532

Hope to see you there!
-Bill G

compubit

3 phone shows in 3 weeks (Seattle, SoCal, and Lancaster), and I'm a week out of sync for attending them (live in the DC area, and on a family trip Seattle/Alaska Cruise from June 4-15).  Grrrrr...

Jim
A phone phanatic since I was less than 2 (thanks to Fisher Price); collector since a teenager; now able to afford to play!
Favorite Phone: Western Electric Trimline - it just feels right holding it up to my face!

Greg G.

I did fairly well at the show.  My intent was to not come back with most of what I brought, and in that way I was successful.  I think at best I broke even, there were at least a few phones I sold that I don't remember what I paid for them, a couple of phones that I do remember what I paid, but I paid too much in the first place and just wanted them to go to a new owner, so they were priced to sell.   

I also had several copies of used telephone related books.  Among them were several copies of "Exploding The Phone" by Phil Lapsley.  One of them had a damaged cover, so I gave it to the collector who had a table next to me to put next to his model 520 explosion-proof phone.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

WEBellSystemChristian

Nice job, Briny!

Is that picture showing other guy's table? I think you missed out on that short-eared 302 for $20!
Christian Petterson

Greg G.

Quote from: WEBellSystemChristian on June 01, 2015, 10:33:42 AM
Nice job, Briny!

Is that picture showing other guy's table? I think you missed out on that short-eared 302 for $20!

Yes, that was the other guy's table.  First I've heard of a "short-eared" 302, what's the significance of those?  I have more 302s than I know what to do with, so next year I may be thinning out duplicates.  I was more interested in the SC 1211, but it didn't have the top part.

We had more foot traffic than the previous years due in part to the fact that Phinney Neighborhood Association was having their 2nd annual neighborhood yard sale that weekend, and the weather cooperated nicely too. 
- Mike Row
e

WEBellSystemChristian

Quote from: Brinybay on June 01, 2015, 12:52:08 PM
Quote from: WEBellSystemChristian on June 01, 2015, 10:33:42 AM
Nice job, Briny!

Yes, that was the other guy's table.  First I've heard of a "short-eared" 302, what's the significance of those?  I have more 302s than I know what to do with, so next year I may be thinning out duplicates.  I was more interested in the SC 1211, but it didn't have the top part.

We had more foot traffic than the previous years due in part to the fact that Phinney Neighborhood Association was having their 2nd annual neighborhood yard sale that weekend, and the weather
That means it's a '37, the first year for 302 production. Definite steal at $20!! At least that's what it looks like to me...
Christian Petterson

Phonesrfun

I want to sincerely thank all who attended the Seattle show this year.  In terms of tables, we had fewer this year, but as Greg said, we had more foot traffic due to other events going on at the same time in the Phinney Center.  It was a great opportunity to acquaint others with some of the very unique items of telephony that everyone was either selling or displaying.

As usual, the event after the event was where many got together at the Herbert H Warrick Telecommunications Museum, a.k.a. the Seattle Phone Museum.

The demographics of the show are pretty far reaching.  We have several that routinely come from the Vancouver, BC area and from as far South as points in Oregon.  This year we had visitors from California and Missouri. 

As usual, we had a chance to renew our friendships, tell a few lies, and catch up on the hobby.   

Thanks everyone.
-Bill G