"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Need some help/advice regarding my first rotary trimline

Started by kwatter04, January 13, 2012, 01:41:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave F

Quote from: jsowers on January 15, 2012, 09:49:36 AM
While I totally agree that you should be mad at this slimy seller, who sold a phone that was significantly not as described since it couldn't connect to a phone line and work, you may be in hot water for threatening to leave negative feedback. Here is something from eBay's policies you need to read...

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/feedback-extortion.html

I think if you can't get satisfaction from the seller, you need to open a case with eBay because this seller sold a phone he claimed was working that didn't have a way to be plugged into a phone line. And point them to the auction of the cord and plug, which will likely not sell at that price. An offer of what the shipping would be for the cord and plug might be a start. And you may want to apologize for the threat to leave a negative. Tell the seller you want to work with him to make it satisfactory for both of you. You're going to have to give a little to get a complete phone.
I agree, you must not use the threat of negative feedback or eBay will come down hard on you (even if your cause is just).  As jsowers suggests, the right way to do it is to open a case in the eBay resolution center.  While there is no guarantee that eBay will see it your way, at least you will not be violating any of their many rules.  And yes, as much as it hurts, you should probably apologize to the seller for the threat.  If he complains to eBay, you could get suspended for a couple of weeks.

Dave F

HarrySmith

Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"