News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Does anyone recognize this early candlestick? (Phoenix Pencil-Shaft)

Started by Sargeguy, April 09, 2018, 06:05:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stubbypylon

Quote from: wds on April 10, 2018, 07:36:46 PM
Your right, one year apart.  The picture in the 2014 sale is the same picture in the 2015 sale.  The $4k sale must have fallen through in 2014 then relisted in 2015  Odd.
No they were two different phones and separate auctions as I had bid on both. While they looked similar the first phone was in better shape.  I won the second auction (the more beat up phone) and some other Phoenix parts the same seller had in a third auction.  We conversed back and forth as I was curious how he came up with so many Phoenix phones & parts.
Craig Stanowski

monophone_lover

Rob
ATCA # 4057

HarrySmith

Quote from: Stubbypylon on April 11, 2018, 06:01:19 AM
No they were two different phones and separate auctions as I had bid on both. While they looked similar the first phone was in better shape.  I won the second auction (the more beat up phone) and some other Phoenix parts the same seller had in a third auction.  We conversed back and forth as I was curious how he came up with so many Phoenix phones & parts.

So, did he say where all the Phoenix stuff came from?
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Sargeguy

These were used as interphone/intercoms, and it is not uncommon to find multiple extensions.  I had a matched pair of Loefflers a while back, and bought a group of three WEs a few years ago. 
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Stubbypylon

Quote from: HarrySmith on April 11, 2018, 09:03:42 AM
So, did he say where all the Phoenix stuff came from?

I can't exactly remember but I think it was an estate sale.  I was more interested if he had any additional Phoenix parts or phones.  Unfortunately he did not.
Craig Stanowski

Stubbypylon

Quote from: Sargeguy on April 10, 2018, 08:19:43 PM
I see that the base is different from mine, it is cylindrical while mine is bell-shaped.

Its a #7 Phoenix.  I've often wondered about the different bases.  In reading the brochure, it references the phone being available with the coil mounted with the mag and bells (which might be the base you have) or mounted in the base itself (which is the base I have).
Craig Stanowski