Sargeguy

Not sure how much these go for but...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160751799155

I think its more than 36 bucks.  

Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

AE_Collector

What model is it? Is the plunger arrangement to test for party line conversations before going completely off hook or some other purpose?

Terry

Sargeguy

It's a 306G 0r 307 according to paul-f's site.  They are "unusual party line modifications".    I am not sure how they work.  All I know is that I have been after one for quite some time and have not been able to find one in my price range.  I have been outbid a couple times on these but it has been a while since I have bid on one so I can't remember what they sold for.
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

AE_Collector

So did you win this one? <edit> Yes you did, just "looked you up"! Nice going, an interesting phone.

Presumably then everytime that phone goes off hook it is in a monitor mode and if you hear dial tone the line is clear so lifting the plunger puts the transmitter and dial into the circuit. If you hear a conversation when initially going off hook the line is in use so you hang up and try again later. The benefit is you don't cut into the conversation that is in progress. Of course this also makes it nice and easy to listen into all the conversations on the line so they probably only used a phone like this when it was felt necessary for some reason. There are many other models of phones with various modifications to accomplish the same thing.

Terry

Sargeguy

Once I idet this shined up and installed, my wife is going to love lifting the plunger to dial or talk!!!
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Doug Rose

Greg....Beautiful phone at a bargain price. Tough to find with the directions engraved into the thermoplastic and not a plaque. You were fortunate the seller did not have this as their first picture, I went right buy it as a common 302. Is yours marked H13 inside in vermilion?Plunger looks great as well. You got a good one!!. Below is an old picture of mine...Doug
Kidphone

Sargeguy

Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

canuckphoneguy

Sargeguy

The phone finally arrived today packed with the handset squarely on the cradle despite my pleading.  Luckily it survived.

I love that clickety-clack sound a #4 dial makes.  Except when it comes from a #6.  We'll see what some lube will do.  

The phone is in very good condition.  The line cord is dry rotted and there is a small melt mark on the back corner but overall it is free of corrosion and major dings or scratches. 

Original card under the sticker.  
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Sargeguy

The phone is actually a 302AA or 302AC!  It is an H13 mount.  All parts are dated 3-50 or so.   

Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

paul-f

Quote from: Sargeguy on March 20, 2012, 07:08:16 PM
The phone is actually a 302AA or 302AC!  It is an H13 mount.  

Hint:  If you check the BSP, you'll quickly be able to determine whether it's a 302AA or 302AC.

(Typo corrected.)
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

Sargeguy

Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Babybearjs

I have the same phone and I have it marked as a 302AA (or AC) the original shell on mine was in such bad condition I had to merge the switch hook assmbly with a regular 302, which changed the series... I had to relabel the cradle rest with a dymo labeler and I left it in a manual version. I think the phone should be worth at least $200.00. but, that depends on its rarity. I found out, that if you wire the "exclusion" key on the phone with the yellow wire on the cord, you can use the phone like a switchboard phone... the person would have to lift the plunger to connect the other extension. the only problem would be hanging up.... when you hangup the phone, it would disconnect the extension.  so much for that idea.... but the phone is a 302 series phone... 
John

Sargeguy

Or I could just check your 300 series page http://paul-f.com/we300typ.htm I should have known this, since my 250AA is a manual set!  302AC it is, although it may end up as a 302AA depending on how my dial lubrication goes.  I hate working on #6 dials.
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Sargeguy

So this phone would originally have had a #5 150a "numbers only" plate.  Gives me a good excuse to replace the #6!
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409