News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Kelly Green Princess on eBay

Started by Doug Rose, May 09, 2013, 07:09:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

Is this real or painted? Went high on eBay a few days ago. I have never seen this color, tough to tell by the pictures....Doug

http://www.ebay.com/itm/330918953130
Kidphone

TelePlay

I vote for painted.

I've never seen a colored transformer. Did they maybe exist, ever? And it perfectly matches everything else.

Then, again, if painted, it was well done.

LarryInMichigan

It looks painted to me.  I really hate when sellers post only miniature pictures of their items.

Larry

AE_Collector

Sold for $107.10.

The matching transformer along with the wording in the listing says "painted" to me as well.

AE made stylelines in this color and they are difficult to find. I think the AE color was "Forest Green" and I have also heard this color called "Hunter Green" as well.

Terry

Professionally refurbished and in excellent working condition  and includes matching 12' handset cord (not shown) and matching 15' line cord, lighted dial transformer with 1 incandescent and 1 LED light bulb.

poplar1

AT&T (WE) did refurbish Trimlines in Forest Green, a bit darker than this. This was one of the post-divestiture colors such as sun yellow, country blue, peach, etc.  They were not painted.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

twocvbloke

I think that's quite a nice colour for that phone, not too dark, not too light, just the "right" sort of green... :D

And oddly, I was disposing of a 2006 BT Phonebook in the fireplace (goodness knows why we had a phonebook that old) and inside the front cover was an advert for a Post Office phone service (imagine that, the british Post Office offering phone services!!) which featured a green G-type handset on the ad, just like this green Princess phone, you'd have thought the PO (no longer GPO of course) would have used a GPO Handset No. 3 in green instead, but it is an odd coincidence... :D

Dave F

I contacted the seller during the auction:  It's painted.  Seller also says that he can custom-paint phones any color on request.

DF

TelePlay

Dave F

Doug Rose

Bummer!!! I did not like the reflection of the flash...looked painted. Someone sure took a hit....Doug
Kidphone