News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Anyone need some Call Boxes?

Started by Partyline4, November 19, 2015, 09:07:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Partyline4

Just came across this listing for 100 W.E. call boxes.....

I wonder if they have phones still in them?

www.ebay.com/itm/141830917173

eBay listing added

HarrySmith

Might be a couple more than I really need!

I wonder if they are complete or if they are just empty boxes? I sent a message to the seller asking just that.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Partyline4

I'd love to hear what the seller has to say!

Keep us posted!

Russ Kirk

Hey that's next door to me. I would want one, but not 100!
- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

HarrySmith

I received a reply:

"Hello, I opened a few and looks like they still have the insides however some are missing the handset. Thanx"

OK Russ, it will be up to you to get them. Lets wait until they have been listed a few times without selling then we can get together and buy them up cheap! I bet a lot of people would add one to their collection at a reasonable price. Also they can be painted and/or decorated to match any décor and marketed as a useable accessory to complete a high dollar custom interior decor.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

WEBellSystemChristian

Quote from: Russ Kirk on November 20, 2015, 06:53:09 PM
Hey that's next door to me. I would want one, but not 100!
You could probably talk to the guy and get one for $25, which is the price he's trying to get for each of them. Then again, it would be hard to sell a lot of 99 call boxes for $2475... ::)
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Jim Stettler

I have a red box with 1969 guts. My Phone was a ring down to the fire dept.I was offered 2 of them@ $200.00 ea. (no mount bracket) I turned them down and less than 2 weeks later bought mine @ a thrift for $9.99 (w/wall bracket).
Back in 1969 the red ring-downs were mounted in front of the  schools  around here as fire phones.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think the yellow boxes were used as cellular highway emergency telephones. These don't appear to have mounting brackets

JMO,
Jim S.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Partyline4

I would love to get one with all the guts in it for $25!

I bet the shipping would be high, though.

I would love to be the guy that went around and got all those boxes. JACKPOT!

19and41

I feel older and older each time I see something like this.   :D
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

dsk

If you look at this ad, It is a fortune on those pallets. 
http://tinyurl.com/jxcjay8
It is probably sandblasted, no phone, and just $750 for one!

dsk

Partyline4

I thought the same thing when I bought a PILE of collectible Cher coffee mugs and holographic posters at a goodwill.

In 4 months, I've only sold one of the holograms, and none of the mugs.

Supply and demand.

Good supply, unfortunately, no demand. I think that is also the case for the phone boxes.

I wouldn't pay more than $20 for one, and we all know, something is only worth what someone will pay!

Partyline4

Looks likes someone bit the bullet on Nov. 30th!

Possibly a forum member? Come on, fess up!  ;D

Amazing!

Payphone installer

I bought them they are in storage. I often buy large quantities of old telephones,they are stored in shipping containers until they are sold on ebay. These will be repainted and sold at some future date. If anybody wants one they are 100 bucks as  plus shipping. I am ATCA on Ebay. Jim