News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Found - Wanted Western Electric 5J Finger wheel

Started by Doug Rose, July 10, 2019, 05:24:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

I found a nice old Ivory working 302 in amazing condition missing the finger wheel.  >:( Straight cloth cords are perfect. I would like a clear one or an old nickel metal one like on the early Painted sets. I will pay or trade or both.

Pics are what I am looking for....many thanks....Doug

https://boston.craigslist.org/search/sss?userid=8261552
Kidphone

kleenax

Quote from: Doug Rose on July 10, 2019, 05:24:01 PM
I found a nice old Ivory working 302 in amazing condition missing the finger wheel.  >:( Straight cloth cords are perfect. I would like a clear one or an old nickel metal one like on the early Painted sets. I will pay or trade or both.

Pics are what I am looking for....many thanks....Doug

https://boston.craigslist.org/search/sss?userid=8261552

Doug;
that clear fingerwheel that you show in your post is EXTREMELY RARE!  I have an NOS example of this dial.
It's much thicker than the "usual" 5J clear fingerwheel, and as you can see, it even has a completely different metal "spider" to mount. I do have the more common 5J-specific open finger-wheels & the peculiar spider assy.
Ray Kotke
Recumbent Casting, LLC

Doug Rose

Thanks Ray...this is the phone. Do you have a proper metal or clear for this.....Doug
Kidphone

Doug Rose

I have had this fingerwheel forever and have never seen one quite like it. It was on a 202 I bought at a Flea Market years ago. It is different than the others I have seen as it is not completely open.

I thought it looked good on the 5J as I do not have a clear one that fits. This is the way the phone was found, with just a bit of fading on the handset where it was held.

Cords are in wonderful condition. I had a NOS Ivory dial mask,

For now, this is how it will display...Doug
Kidphone

Doug Rose

Here are the other Sani Clean finger wheels that fit the WE dial before #6.

First pic is the one I just installed that is NOT a Sani Clean.

The black was the toughest to get, followed by Brass. The Chrome/Nickel was the the most common, but still these are very hard to find....Doug
Kidphone

HarrySmith

WOW! That is a different fingerwheel. I have never seen one like that. Very Cool!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

kleenax

Quote from: Doug Rose on July 11, 2019, 10:04:42 AM
Thanks Ray...this is the phone. Do you have a proper metal or clear for this.....Doug
Yessir, $20 to your door.
Ray Kotke
Recumbent Casting, LLC