News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Recent posts

This came on eBay Friday night just as I had logged on after coming back from Dinner. BIN for $50, I have a junker, if I can find it :o as it is empty inside.

For now it will display in my phone room with parts I had on hand. The AE Bulldog didn't look right so I went with an WE until I can find a Chrome AE transmitter

It came today packed to survive anything. Took forever to free it!! I have bought from them before and they are wonderful.

A LOT of work went into the Power coat and Lettering, very Professional....Doug
Dials & Touchtone Pads / Re: Out of the Ordinary WE Dia...
Last post by MMikeJBenN27 - Yesterday at 02:02:34 PM
It seems a little old for it, but this looks like a dial for one of those Designer Phones.  The Y and BL are the pulsing contacts, and the other four are the two sets of dial switch contacts.  If using a 425 B or E network, you can wire these the same as 7 or 9 series dials, just ignore one of the sets of dial switch contacts.  There is a way to use these in a phone that uses a subset.  Perhaps another member remembers how.

Mike
I still see them occasionally on E-Bay, so you should be able to find one. Hope you find one.  Good luck to you.

Mike
Last post by paul-f - Yesterday at 01:41:22 PM
See https://www.telephonecollectors.info/index.php/search?q=501-162-100+i7

Check out Fig. 5, diagram C, which matches the terminals on your dial. Consult Table D to see some uses for a 6-type dial with the 5C schematic layout.
Find of the Month / Re: Find of the month October ...
Last post by MMikeJBenN27 - Yesterday at 01:39:19 PM
Congratulations!

Mike
Collector's Corner / Re: Odd Argentinian Phone
Last post by LM Ericsson - Yesterday at 12:24:34 PM
Mine went through Miami. You should be good.
Last post by LarryInMichigan - Yesterday at 12:06:14 PM
Quote from: TelePlay on Yesterday at 11:56:08 AMYou dodged Opa Locka, but I have to say, I have had several south Florida shipments go through Opa Locka undamaged in less than a day - guess they really did clean up their operations in that distribution center . . . 😉

This package is being handled by DHL, not USPS.  I don't think that I have ever seen DHL delivering to houses around here, but perhaps they do.  Their site does say that I should expect delivery today.  We will have to wait and see.

Larry
Last post by TelePlay - Yesterday at 11:56:08 AM
Quote from: LarryInMichigan on Yesterday at 11:25:40 AMIt went through US Customs in Miami quite quickly.

You dodged Opa Locka, but I have to say, I have had several south Florida shipments go through Opa Locka undamaged in less than a day - guess they really did clean up their operations in that distribution center . . . 😉
Last post by LarryInMichigan - Yesterday at 11:25:40 AM
I just received a notification from DHL stating "Shipment is out with courier for delivery", so it could be that the phone will arrive today.  It went through US Customs in Miami quite quickly.  Stay tuned...

Larry
Last post by RDPipes - Yesterday at 10:37:14 AM
Quote from: poplar1 on Yesterday at 10:34:24 AMPart of the kit of parts installed in customer owned housings. You owned the housing but paid rent forever on the inside parts, which remained Telcom property.
While you were posting Dave, I was typing, LOL! Thank you just the same though!
Still wondering why the EXTRA terminal, have any idea Dave?