News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Recent posts

Flea Market/Yard Sale/Antique Store Finds / Re: NOS Trimlines in Box
Last post by poplar1 - January 27, 2023, 09:58:43 AM
Both the Trimline and the Princess were originally offered in 5 colors -- not including black.

Although there was a premium (one-time charge + increased monthly rate) for the PRN and the TML, there was no charge for color. So most people chose a color other than black, even when black became available (1963 for PRN).(Color 500 or 554 had a one-time charge of $7.50 = $70 in today's dollars compared to 1965).
General Discussion / Re: Lamp Phone Atrocities!
Last post by Contempra - January 27, 2023, 08:57:26 AM
You know , these payphones sell for crazy prices very often! So , I would never turn a vintage phone into a lamp or a payphone knowing what it's worth .

If one day I buy this kind of atrocity , you know well that I would put it back in its original state or , at the very least , I would get rid of the pieces of lamps . instead of transforming this (s) jewel (s) into a lamp , he would sit on a beautiful little piece of furniture just for him . It hurts the eyes to see this kind of atrocity just as much as it does to see human atrocities in this world . It's just my personal opinion .
General Discussion / Re: Lamp Phone Atrocities!
Last post by Robert Gift - January 27, 2023, 07:51:32 AM
I wouldo would do this if I can keep the payphone operational.

Am despoiling an AT&T desk phone. 

Have secured the lamp shafto shaft to the telephone's metal base.  (Just misses the ringer's clapper.)

Shaft continues up through the telephone case behind the cradle. 

Now trying to find a lightbulb socketo socket to attach to the top of the shaft.

The working telephone lamp will replace the desk lamp while also saving space!
General Discussion / Re: Logic 10 (NE QSK200BX 75)
Last post by RDPipes - January 27, 2023, 07:35:13 AM
Found a smaller one.
General Discussion / Re: Re: Logic 10 (NE QSK200BX ...
Last post by RDPipes - January 27, 2023, 07:27:57 AM
Quote from: Contempra on January 26, 2023, 09:42:42 PMThanks very much David .  Mine's not working at all . All the wires are cut flush with the welds except those of the dial and the wire to plug it into the wall socket.. If I had at least the diagram (schematic) . I'd like to make it works on one line ..

Denis, I'll send you a PDF file on your phone with diagram via email, it's too big to post here.
Last post by Contempra - January 27, 2023, 07:23:20 AM
Quote from: markosjal on November 22, 2022, 04:43:13 AMI understand the Black Trimlines and Black Princesses are the rarest.

Right 'cause I'veve never seen one. And yet, black telephones are common, it seems to me.
Last post by poplar1 - January 27, 2023, 06:38:04 AM
The pictures clearly show the difference in the boxes for "new" (white box, black ink) and for "C stock" (green ink and "telephone co. property" label on the box).

C Stock refers to items already owned by the telephone company. When removed from a customer's premises, the phones were returned to the Western Electric Service Center. WE then either remanufactured them, parted them out, or junked them. The remanufactured ones were returned to the local Bell telephone company.

The bases do match the boxes: Notice that the new white base *looks* new. The remanufactured black base has gray paint blocking out the original date. The label says "R10-77" -- Remanufactured October, 1977.
Collector's Corner / Re: Looking for WE 327A interc...
Last post by FABphones - January 27, 2023, 04:29:45 AM
Quote from: Witty on January 27, 2023, 12:42:33 AM...I can't tell if mine is complete or not and have nothing to compare it to...

Would you add internal and external photos of your phone Ken, we'd like to see it for comparison too.
:)
Collector's Corner / Re: Looking for WE 327A interc...
Last post by poplar1 - January 27, 2023, 01:21:30 AM
Here is a catalog picture from TCI Library:

1) Go to telephonecollectors info.
2} From the home page, click on "Search" and scroll down to "Google Search"
2) Search for "327A Interphone" or "327A"
3) Click on   " WE Inter-phones and Accessories 1915 "

Temporary link:

https://www.telephonecollectors.info/index.php/browse/document-repository/catalogs-manuals/bell-system-we/13089-we-interphones-and-accessories-1915/file

Note: For all Western Electric telephones  from this era, the catalogs will show a 1xxx model rather than the 2- or 3-digit number stamped on the phone. For example, "317" on a single box magneto wall set will be "1317" in the catalog. "1317" means a 317 that is compete with transmitter, receiver, and receiver cord.

Collector's Corner / Looking for WE 327A intercom i...
Last post by Witty - January 27, 2023, 12:42:33 AM
I've been searching for information and possibly any pictures of the Western Electric Type 327A wood intercom. I can't tell if mine is complete or not and have nothing to compare it to. If someone has one and could provide internal pictures that would be great. I also haven't been able to find a WE bulletin or catalog to check.
Thanks for any information!

Ken