News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Recent posts

I bought a Ivory 302 with a split/ crack in the same place and as far as trying to repair it without it being noticeable was impossible and I finally ended up parting it out and using some of it on another phone. I will never buy another with such a crack unless I need the parts. Cracks on the corners are much easier to disguise and end up having a phone that at least displays well. 
What a sight! I've been ogling over a NOS Trimline on eBay simply for an "Unboxing" experience with a Trimline but these were lovely to look at :)
Decorator & Design Line Phones / Re: What network for the Telst...
Last post by RotoTech99 - January 25, 2023, 02:34:20 PM
Hi, that network for the Telstar was the 4228B which had the S and T terminals.

The snap on upper terminal piece was Grey in color, and tended to be easy to crack/break sometimes.

ROTOTECH99
General Discussion / Re: old northern telecom phon...
Last post by HowardPgh - January 25, 2023, 02:20:22 PM
The handset looks WE. The Kellogg version handset looks generally the same but has rounder shoulders.
Its possible that it may have a Kellogg case.  Also could be a 591 which was sold to the Independents with no ringer. Bentleyville PA and party code on dial card may indicate a frequency ringer inside. The Kellogg 500 I have has the components fastened with nuts and bolts rather than being riveted to the base.
I was very tempted but the split did put me off. For the price it went for though someone got a good buy.
When you send phones out to be painted, parts get broken or lost.

I sent out a Leich 90 to be painted yellow. Body was lost as well as the transmitter cap.

When you get lemons, make lemonade so I made a Yellow and Black phone.

I found a matching dial card, and parts I had and I was pleased with the result....Doug

That was a great deal. Even more so being on that side of the pond!
Just sold in the U.K. for approximately $57 plus postage (not to me).

A split crack down the front, plus a few blemishes but a nice addition for the price.

I always get a craving for chewy fruity Skittles when I see this colour phone...  ;D
Automatic Electric Pay Phones / Re: cool GOLD/BRAASS (?) 3 Slo...
Last post by MMikeJBenN27 - January 25, 2023, 12:48:58 PM
Somebody turned a rare pay phone into a stupid lamp???  Sick.

Mike
Automatic Electric Pay Phones / Re: Interesting 3 slot Panel P...
Last post by HarrySmith - January 25, 2023, 12:16:10 PM
Is that a hose or duct of some sort on the top behind the phone? Also it looks like there is something in the back of the coin vault or is that part of the coin return?