News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

New members of the family.

Started by Greg G., November 30, 2014, 04:06:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg G.

Arrived Saturday just before I went to work.  Unpacking after work was only for documentation of the packing in case something was damaged, I'll dig in to the phones later.  I'm pleased to report that this company followed my instructions to the tee, excellent packing!  But, it did cost me, naturally.  I'll post more details of the phones later, but I did do some basic functional testing on the ones I could.

The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Phonesrfun

Wow, great additions!  You'll have to keep us posted on how well thry work, etc.
-Bill G

Doug Rose

Nice hit Briny....must have set you back some!!! We need some nice close ups. Love the B1, looks like your D1.....Doug
Kidphone

Dennis Markham

Those are some nice looking phones.  As Doug mentioned, the Gold B1 is awesome.  Is the "Fatboy" painted or actually Ivory Bakelite? 

Nice collection of phones!

Dennis

WEBellSystemChristian

Nice new additions! I love the B1 and Imperial!
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

WesternElectricBen

Very nice, now you will have to replace the picture of the 202 in "old brass" with the 102 in "old brass."

Ben

Greg G.

Quote from: Dennis Markham on November 30, 2014, 02:17:31 PM
Is the "Fatboy" painted or actually Ivory Bakelite? 

Dennis

Painted.  Beige, of all colors! 
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Greg G.

I'll start with the AE.  Which screws are for the base plate?  Fully functions.
- Mike Row
e

LarryInMichigan

Quote from: Brinybay on November 30, 2014, 04:14:06 PM
I'll start with the AE.  Which screws are for the base plate?  Fully functions.
I will assume that it is like other similar AE phones, so the screw which is a bit off-center holds the bottom plate.

Larry

stub

Brinybay ,
          Nice new additions!!!!!!!!!!!!! Arrow marks the spot.   stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

Kenton K

Greg G.

Quote from: Doug Rose on November 30, 2014, 01:05:11 PM
Nice hit Briny....must have set you back some!!! We need some nice close ups. Love the B1, looks like your D1.....Doug

As with nearly all online purchases of phones, the cost of the phones by themselves wasn't bad, $200 total for the 5, but it's the shipping and other costs that hurt, which is why I rarely buy online even at ebay.  These were via Proxibid.  Morphy Auctions is the company that sold them, different company from the one that sold me the poorly packed and consequently ruined during shipping Beehive.
- Mike Row
e

Greg G.

More pics.  The inside of the AE.
- Mike Row
e

Greg G.

SC 1212, aka "Fat Boy".  Been wanting one of these.  Fully functions except it doesn't ring, although I heard it "ding" once.  The transmitter seemed to be not working at first, but that was taken care of by lightly sanding the contacts.  It's black underneath that boring beige paint which will eventually be removed.
- Mike Row
e

Greg G.

Interesting way someone rigged up a mod-to-mod line cord to it.
- Mike Row
e