Main Menu

Auction 351: WE 1955 Mahogany 500 C/D - Ended 10-30-18

Started by TelePlay, October 25, 2018, 08:44:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JorgeAmely

Jorge

TelePlay

Quote from: Partyline4 on October 28, 2018, 10:47:25 PM
Shame they had to take such "good" photos...Shows all the scratches and nicks....

Dim lighting and a coat of Skin so soft is how you move phones, baby.

I'm not sure what those comments add, if anything, to this contest or the hobby in general.

$500.00

tallguy58

Cheers........Bill

Partyline4

Quote from: TelePlay on October 29, 2018, 09:27:47 AM
I'm not sure what those comments add, if anything, to this contest or the hobby in general.

$500.00

Just as long as it makes you think

Dan/Panther

Yes it makes me think...

Watch out for your auctions...LOL

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Doug Rose

Quote from: Partyline4 on October 29, 2018, 10:43:38 AM
Just as long as it makes you think
I am thinking about my 12 year old grand daughter. Always wants attention, whether it is good or bad...just wants attention drawn to her. Yes....It makes me think. No name as you can't be too careful...just waiting
Kidphone

poplar1

"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

Partyline4

Quote from: Doug Rose on October 29, 2018, 02:09:48 PM
I am thinking about my 12 year old grand daughter. Always wants attention, whether it is good or bad...just wants attention drawn to her. Yes....It makes me think. No name as you can’t be too careful...just waiting

Doug is actually my granpy, everyone. I just have to say that to clear the air. I cant wait to get your collection since you put me in the WILL instead of your misbehaving granddaughter yes yes yes

Jim Stettler

Quote from: Partyline4 on October 29, 2018, 05:13:32 PM
Doug is actually my granpy, everyone. I just have to say that to clear the air. I cant wait to get your collection since you put me in the WILL instead of your misbehaving granddaughter yes yes yes

There is a threads for that
http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=5850.msg70212#msg70212
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

TelePlay

Contest Winner:  Jim S.
Guessed Price:  $275.00
Total Wins: 13

Auction Winner: e***h ( 8739 )
Winning Price:   $251.00
Bidders:  3
Bids:  17

Contest Standings:  http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=4198.msg51445#msg51445

CRPF Hall of Fame:   http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=138.msg976#msg976]

Thanks to all who played along in this contest.

FABphones

Argh! Kicks self. I shouldn't have changed my guess. $ went down. Looks like someone retracted a bid?

Well done Jim.
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

TelePlay

Quote from: FABphones on October 30, 2018, 06:25:04 PM
Looks like someone retracted a bid?

I thought so too but looking at the bids, eBay does not state a retraction and I think I just got the number wrong 3 days ago ($255 instead of $251) and copied it each day. The bid increment is not $4 at that level. I would have sworn that it was $255 but I see nothing on eBay about a retraction.

The number of bidders, 3, and bids, 17, stayed the same since the 26th. A retraction would have changed that.

Very surprised at seeing no final action on this phone and its selling price.

FABphones

You were right, it was $255 for a few days. I saw that each day on the listing itself and thought it is bound to go up, so guessed again. Doh!
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

TelePlay

Quote from: FABphones on October 30, 2018, 06:41:26 PM
You were right, it was $255 for a few days. I saw that each day on the listing itself and thought it is bound to go up, so guessed again. Doh!

Thanks, I thought it was $255.

Changed the daily status update back to $255 leaving the selling price at $251 and for someone else to figure that out, if it matters.

Jim Stettler

You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.