News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

OBihia VOIP and Google Voice

Started by Babybearjs, December 24, 2019, 04:16:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babybearjs

has anyone ever played with the Obihia VOIP Units at all? I can add free VOIP to my system using google voice and the Obihia OBi202 VOIP unit. I'm looking into trying to get the grandstream to do this, but can't... I guess its not compatible.
John

Marco99

I have an OBI200 with google voice and I am using a grandstream HT502 (which supports pulse dialing) to dial out through the OBI using GV. The HT502 is a little picky when it comes to accepting pulses. I am using a 500 set with no issues, my Uniphone is a little temperamental.

I got most of my info through obitalk forums, I can assist if you are interested.

RB

I use the same thing, with no KNOWN issues :)

markosjal

Then look for a UTStarcom IAN02-EX it is the most reliable I have found for pulse dialing.
Phat Phantom's phreaking phone phettish

markosjal

I have been a long time user of Google Voice. I have sed it with asterisk directly , smonics gateway and GVSIP on asterisk.

Most recently I wanted to try a Obi200 device I ended up buying an Obi202 and I can report that I am very happy with the results. I connect to it via my asterisk and with a single GV account I can make/receive multiple simultaneous calls. I have a Multi handset VoIP phobe system that I use with asterisk but could probably use with the Obi directly (without asterisk) .

I love also how it integrates with my Android phone. I no longer have to use any calling from my cell carrier and all calls originate from my GV number.

SInce this great experience her off the horrible Ooma service that my brother put her on and she is now using google voice on an Obi200 with GV911

I am in the process of doing so for an aunt and uncle as well.

Babybearjs

I had google voice, and was very disappointed with it.... my unit must have had a bad microphone in it, because all it was good for was a bluetooth speaker. I wound up giving it away...
John

markosjal

Babybearjs
This is strange! Googe Voice is not a device, it is a service. You COULD have used Google Voice with your antique phones making the microphone problem that of your phone .

Sounds to me like you had a problem with a device, not the Google Voice Service

RoatryPhoneLover_2000

Hi, I want to do the same setup but I want to use a ht802 made my grand stream, can you assist me I am very new to this forum and so far so good but wanted to know how I could use a obihai 200 with a grand stream ht802 which also supports pulse dialing I believe.

markosjal

Have a look here  http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=25295.0 . If you go with the Obi 200 with a 2 Port Grandstream HT802 you can actually make 2 simultaneous voice calls on a single GV account and use a separate GV account for FAxes with a dedicated fax number at the same time. Pretty cool. This is  what I had used in the past.

RoatryPhoneLover_2000

Ok, currently I have a obihai 200 already but I have a couple of rotary phones that I would love to use when I buy my grandstream ATA.  I looked at the guide and it looked kinda confusing, again I am a total noob at this forum since I have no clue on how I can hook up my obihai and grandstream ata together. 

rand0m

I use Rotary phone with Obihia but with the help Dialgizmo, Currently I use Crazytel.com.au as VSP.
I won't trust google in anything... probably they will record you and save your voice chats :)

RoatryPhoneLover_2000

Hi, I already order my grandstream ata and it is coming so I am going to try to set that up, also I don't care if google records me, I have no illegal activity's and I barely even call people on it.  I never call a bank with google voice either.

countryman

Google voice isn't available in my neck of the woods currently, but it is just another service provider. I don't think it will do any harm to use it.
I use a couple of other Google services and like them, and don't feel like they are going to pull the wool over me. But maybe they just found I'm too poor and my hobbies are too weird to make any money from me, so they leave me alone ;-)

RoatryPhoneLover_2000

I just got my grandstream ata device and tried setting it up using this manual but I failed to set it up, would somebody pls assist me?  http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=25295.0

Babybearjs

I wound up disconnecting the line.... the ATA doesn't have the power to ring the phone... or, any phone... unless its an electronic set. so much for using that option. (all my phones have mechanical ringers)
John