News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

New member from France

Started by Etienne, December 04, 2021, 05:42:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Etienne

Good morning (well, right now is 11 AM in France) everybody!

I incidentally started collecting phones some years ago, when I was a teenager, with what was widely available on french flea markets: S63, found there an ivory wall version of U43, etc. An ivory touch-tone S63 was almost my only everyday phone for 6 years. Never wanted a mobile.
I later got a RFT W38/58 which remained my everyday phone for 2 years, and has since been replaced by a black GPO 312 as the previous one needs service- really have to do that as it was my favorite one, although I must say the bells of the GPO sound absolutely gorgeous- could not say that about the east-German glass bells...
My collection is centered on European phones (in fact, for now only French, German, Belgian and British) mostly made of metal, Bakelite and (very few) plastics. For an everyday use though, I consider Bakelite is the only decent way: beautiful, smooth, comfortable (and warm), with the right weight and balance.
I originally registered to the forum in January, then lost my password, found it again (in the car's boot...), tried to change it: didn't work, left it away... tried again several months later... it worked! Patience et longueur de temps font plus que force ni que rage.

countryman

Welcome Etienne,
great to meet more European collectors here on a regular basis!

dsk

Welcome we are a few Europeans here, so it is nice to be some more.

dsk