"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

AE80 Restoration Project

Started by AET, February 26, 2023, 08:54:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AET

Hey all -

Long time no see! I've had a little time during the "slow season" to mess around with some phone projects.

I picked up this AE80 at an antique mall today for cheap (it was hiding in a Cortelco 2500 box)

After bringing it home, I cleaned it inside and out, lubed the dial, put an end on the hardwire cord, polished it up, and it dials/makes calls. I have to replace the ringer, but other than that, I think she's about ready.

The phone isn't perfect and has some scratches, but it looks much better than it did a few hours ago!

- Tom

AET

- Tom

Contempra

Nice project . I have two AE80 since longtime and they work fine . The only thing i hate is to disassemble and reassemble them :( They are a bit complicated for my brain .

AET

I enjoy working on 500s/554s much more, personally! lol

Quote from: Contempra on February 26, 2023, 09:19:20 PMNice project . I have two AE80 since longtime and they work fine . The only thing i hate is to disassemble and reassemble them :( They are a bit complicated for my brain .
- Tom

Contempra

Quote from: AET on February 26, 2023, 09:27:53 PMI enjoy working on 500s/554s much more, personally! lol

Oh yes ! me too . They are uncomplicated, easy and durable. I'm happy to meet you here my friend . ;)

AET

Glad to meet you, as well!

Quote from: Contempra on February 26, 2023, 09:39:09 PMOh yes ! me too . They are uncomplicated, easy and durable. I'm happy to meet you here my friend . ;)
- Tom

FABphones

Nice find and a bargain price. Good work.
:)

(The thumbnails remain small when clicked on, this thread re posting images will help:
http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=26102)
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

AET

Thank you! I can't resist a good price. It came in a Cortelco 2500 box, which was kind of neat, too!

Quote from: FABphones on February 27, 2023, 02:19:53 AMNice find and a bargain price. Good work...
- Tom